Time's Up

I opened my eyes faintly grunting at the strenuous heat. The sweat poured down my temples and my senses were slowly trying to escape from my grasp. But I wouldn't let them not just yet.

I looked around the room. This used to be the place of my joy. I learned how to dance here and how to beat Adam at Mariokart on our turquoise Nintendo 64. Or when I taught Nicola how to color inside the lines or watched Harry pick up scissors and cut off Adam's attempt at a Mohawk.

But now it seems like this might be the place where I might die. I'll have to look at the smiling pictures of us on the wall. One for almost each year of school all in one spot and one of the four of us looking pretty dapper for a forced photo shoot at the mall.

I blinked and in an instant Noah was standing in front of my face twirling a gun sipping on the coke I left in the fridge.

"Welcome back little sis" Noah smiled making his green eyes really twinkle.

I tried to speak but I didn't even realize the heavy duty duct tape on my lips. I knew their was something wrong with him but damn.

"Yeah take your time speaking back" Noah bent down to my level.

I muffled behind the tape staring at him fiercely hoping that that would be enough to get out what I wanted to say.

"Maybe you should speak" I watched his fingers rip the tape off of my mouth causing me to scream in extreme agonizing pain.

"Where is Luke?" Oh I was indeed an idiot. That was the only thing I could think of at the moment.

"He's at school. Probably being a kid like he should. Your such a caring aunt" Noah looked at the tape. "Oh looks like your lip is bleeding damn"

"Why are you doing this?" Something hit my foot and I looked at Cheryl in a completely different state. She looked exhausted and on the brink of unconsciousness. Her brown eyes seemed dark and cruel now. And she looked weak. I'm not sure why because it's only been a couple of hours I could assume. Or maybe it was from her slow loss of blood.

"Because I-"

"Because your a piece of shit" We looked over at Adam who stared at Noah fiercely.

"Really?" Noah waltzed over to Adam bending down to his level and digging in his pocket to pull out a knife. I watched as he took Adam's face and started to skin his lip.

"Just stop it" I said instantly regretting it as he looked at me. He didn't move but the look got more and more intimidating making me scowl hard.

"Why?"

"We take you in. And you try to kill us"

"NO. YOU IGNORE ME FOR PRACTICALLY MY WHOLE LIFE AND YOU DONT LOVE ME" Noah screamed shaking with the knife in his hand.

I looked at Harry's eyes grow in huge fear. Him and Nicola were so silent that I forgot they were even here in this horrible ordeal. His blue eyes stayed big as he looked at the terrible scene.

Nicola on the other hand kept her eyes on the floor. Something down there kept her occupied and soothed. But it was rather scary.

Why didn't I just call the cops? Ugh what is wrong with--

"KIMBERLEY" I looked up at Noah standing over me still shaking with Adam's blood dripping off that knife.

I didn't respond. I was trying to adjust to the situation.

"TALK TO ME" Noah bent down putting it under my nose sliding across my face letting the blood drip down my face.

"What what?" I looked at him tasting Adam's blood on my lip.