Chapter 1

"Let go of me scum bag filthy moron! "

I'm awaken with the scream of that familiar voice. I can feel the cold floor against my body and the pain throbbing in my head, as if it was being hit by a hard object. I tried to move my hands and feet, but I just can't move an inch, because it is being tied tightly by a rope. I can feel the tingling pain from it. Now, I tried to open my eyes. It's blurry and dark. I wandered my eyes until my sight can adjust to the darkness, and see that I am in a small abandoned room. There was only a small bulb in the center that serves as the only source of light in this dark room. Why am I here?

Suddenly, I heard a noise of a broken object, a thrown chair maybe. I wandered my eyes once again to where that noise came from and realize that I am not alone. I saw a guy at the center of the room that is wearing a black hood jacket. His masculine firm back is facing me so I can't say who he is. He is having a business there that I can't determine what or who is it, because he is blocking my sight into it. The guy went to the left side of the room and there I saw a girl lying in the cold floor and the ruined chair beside her. There is also a blood in her head and the school uniform she is wearing is already wrecked. She is crying, screaming and I can see the fear and pain in her bloodshot eyes. I feel my body stiff. This can't be happening. No, no, no, no! The girl there is my best friend, my sister and my other half. I want to scream, but there is no sound coming out from my mouth. I want to stand up to help her, to hug her, but I can barely move my body. I'm hopeless. He came back with a container with a label 'Gasoline'. He open and spill it all over the body of my poor best friend. What is he planning? Oh God! Don't tell me...

The guy gets a piece of paper and a lighter from his pocket. It is a silver lighter with an engraved dragon symbol. He lights up the paper in his right hand using the lighter and stares to the poor girl.

"I am going to burn you alive Ika. I want you to experience the glimpse of hell".

The guy said with his cold and mean voice. I can feel the chills all over my body. Unhurriedly, he throws the burning paper to the lying body of my best friend, wet from the gasoline. Without a second, the fire scattered and licks her flesh. She is struggling and screaming for her life and because of the pain. I can hardly breath from the terror and the unpleasant smell from my burning best friend.

"ANNIKAAAAA!"

I shouted her name at the top of my lungs. She can't die! I notice that the guy turns his head in my direction and darted me a glare. He is somehow familiar in the way he stands, act and his appearance even he is wearing a mask that covers his nose and mouth. He walks towards me then bent down on his knees when he reaches me. I stared into his eyes, wait, his eyes are violet and it's like an endless abyss pulling me. It's scary and it's different. The intensity of anger visible in his eyes is almost unbearable. It gives chills and goose bumps all over my body and soul.

"It's not yet your time, dear. Just wait and it will be more painful for you. Remember, this is all happening because of you Faraxia Marion Rayne" he told me in a low and a clear voice that makes me scarier for my life.

I suddenly open my eyes widely while catching my breath. I pulled myself to sit and still stunned. I am panting and I can feel the sweat dripping in my forehead. My heart is pounding so hard. Another freaking nightmare! It's been almost a month since that incident happened. I witness the brutal death of my best friend. Every night, I'm haunted with that nightmare, that makes me scared even in sleeping. Her scream is like a recording in my head. I can still hear it again and again. I swear to find out the monster who did that immoral thing to my best friend. He is so familiar that I even think that I know him. He calls Anikka Ika and calls me by my whole name like he knows us for years. I don't want that to happen, I can't bare the thought of the killer that is close to us. But I, Faraxia Rayne will make that violet-eyed devil pay in any way possible regardless who he is.