Last Chapter

I look at my watch and it's already 11:57 PM. I am standing in front of Gavin's Condo because I can't really sleep when I know that we are not okay and I am also here to surprise him for our anniversary any minute soon.I have just escaped from home to get here. I am bringing my anniversary gift for him that I bought yesterday. It is a limited edition figurine of Natsu, the main character of the anime series Fairy Tail. I know that he will love this, he has this unexplainable love for the fire that's why he is a fan of Natsu in fairy tale that has a power and control of fire. I press the doorbell, but he didn't open the door, maybe he is already asleep. I type the passcode and open the door. I know his passcode, it is the date of our anniversary. I go to his room and saw him peacefully sleeping. I lean closer to him and kiss his forehead, but he didn't wake up. Maybe I will just wake him later.

I wandered my eyes in his room and his clothes are all over the floor so I decided to clean it up.
I picked up his shirts and boxers and put it in the laundry basket. I notice a black sleeve under the bed so I kneel down and get the sleeve. It is a black hoodie jacket.

I remember the hoodie jacket worn by the killer, it looks the same. I'm checking out the hoodie when my phone rings. I get my phone from my pocket and I saw that it is Hendrix calling. I answer the call and go to the living room.

"Hendrix why are you calling so late?"  I said to the other line.

"Faraxia, I already know the suspect behind Anikka's death" he said with not so calm voice.

"What do you mean?" I asked him out of confusion.

"You know that my Uncle is the one investigating Annika's case right? When I'm gone a long time, I help him in the investigation.  My uncle called me earlier that they found a video recording that reveals the identity of the suspect from the dashboard of the parked car in the abandoned building where the incident happened. There is also another evidence found at the crime scene, they found a finger print from the gasoline container and a piece of paper not totally burned with the culprit's name" he said that makes me catch my breath.

I remember the paper the culprit used to burn my best friend. So it now makes sense, I'm just suspecting Hendrix for nothing. My bad.

"Hey Fara! Are you okay? Wait. Where are you? I tried to call your home, but you are not answering" he asked me.

"I am in Gavin's condo. Don't worry, I'm okay. Wait, who is the..." I didn't finish my sentence when I hear Hendrix cussed.

"Fuck Fara! Get out of there! Now!!" he told with the urgency in his voice.

"Why? I can't understand you Hendrix" I told him feeling confused by his reaction.

"Gavin is the ---" I didn't hear the rest of what Hendrix said, because someone grabs my phone from behind. I turn around and saw Gavin standing behind me. I stared at him, in his eyes specifically. My eyes wide open in surprise and I felt my knees became weak. It is a familiar feeling. This feeling of being terrified, scared, nervousness, confusion and anger are taking over in my body and soul. My heart pounding so hard against my chest. I can barely breath and I am out of words.  Just looking in his eyes makes me run and afraid for my life. I clasp the hooded jacket in my hand. So it is him all along. He is a devil wearing an angel clothing. But, why him?

"Look at you. Are you really that stupid bitch?" he told me. He is no longer the angelic Gavin that I used to know.

"Why? W-why are you doing this Gavin?" I asked him when I already found my voice. He just flashes an evil smile that gives me a goosebumps.

"Do you remember how my mom dies because of you? She shouldn't save you. You should be the one who deserve to die in that day and not my mom. If that happened, we were still being a happy family, Anikka will still be alive right now and I will not turn into monster like I am now  and why I am living my life into hell" he said while gritting his teeth. I can see through his eyes the wrath and grief. His words are like a million knives stabbing in my heart and soul. Is it really my fault? Did I turn this angel into a demon?

"G-Gavin l-lets talk p-properly. Y-you love me right Gav... ". Before I can finish talking, he grabs my hair that made me scream.

"Talk properly? What the shit are you talking about Faraxia? I despise you, and I never love you, " he said, slapping the truth in my face that he never loved me. He suddenly caresses my cheek that gives chills all over my system.

"This is happening sooner than I expected. The prey is the one that comes near to her predator, how lucky I am right? Today, I will now end our suffering.  Aren't you glad dear?" he said then laugh evilly. I just give him a glare, but he didn't mind it. He grabs my hair again and pulls me inside his room and lock it. He throws me on the bed and he gets the belt in the cabinet to tie my hands in the bed's headboard while I am lying. He went outside the room and a minute later he came back with a container of gasoline in his hands. He spills the gasoline all over my body. I'm screaming and struggling to let go from being tied but I really don't have the luck. The rest of the gasoline has been spilled into the room and into his body.

"You are a psycho! a devil! Let me go!" I shouted into him, but he just gives me an evil smile. He went to his cabinet to get something. It is the lighter. The silver lighter with a dragon symbol engraved in it.

"No, no, no, no. You can't do this Gavin. Please spare my life. Let me go." I said to him pleading and crying to save my life. I heard him chuckle. He draw near me and sits in my side. I am very surprised when he suddenly lean and crush my lips against his. His kiss is so aggressive, full of anger and wrath. I didn't kiss him back. I shake my head to resist his kiss, but I don't have much success. I'm hurt emotionally and physically by the person I love and trust the most.

After a second, he stops kissing me and he look straightly in my eyes and said, "If I'm not blinded by my anger, I'll surely love you". 
I feel the stinging pain in my heart. What did I do? Tears started to flow from my eyes. So I think this will be the end. He stands up while still staring at me. He lights the lighter in his left hand.

"Goodbye my dear Faraxia. This will be our end. Let's go together to hell." he said before throwing the lighter in the bed where I am lying.

In a split of a second, I am now on fire. I'm screaming at the top of my lungs when I feel the fire eating my flesh. I closed my eyes. I saw Gavin smiling sweetly at me, like I am the most precious person to him. I saw my mom and my dad.  The fast flashbacks of my happiest moments. I opened my eyes, there is already thick smoke all over the room. I can barely breathe and my vision is already blurry, but I can still see the guy I love standing in front of me burning me alive. I saw a single tear comes out of his eyes. Is it because of joy? or because of sorrow? I smiled at him sweetly before the fire has already eaten me whole.

He loves fire, now that I am already one of them, I hope he can now love for real.