Chapter 2

I am sitting here alone in the cafeteria to supposedly eat my lunch, but here I am playing my carbonara with my fork. I don't really have the appetite to eat. My thoughts are eating me now instead. It's been almost a month, but I still don't have the lead that will point me to the culprit. Even the police buddy, I already give my statement about the incident to them, but I don't see any progress in the case. Those eyes, those hellish violet eyes. I would love to see those eyes again.

My train of thoughts is disturbed when I felt someone kiss my cheeks from behind. I turn my head and saw the face of the guy that I love, smiling sweetly at me. He then sits on my right side while facing in my direction.

"What's with the deep thought Far? Is it the nightmare again?" he asked me while caressing my cheeks. I look at him and I can see his worried face.

"Yes, but I can manage. Thank you again for saving me that night Gav." I told him then hold his hands that's caressing my cheek.

"Nah. No need to mention Far. I will not let anyone hurt you. Okay?".

He is Gavin Sinclair and he is my boyfriend. We've known each other since we are still in preschool, but they moved together with his father to California when a tragic incident happened to their family 10 years ago. We belong in one circle of friends. Me, Gavin, Annika and Hendrix are all best of friends and we are all 3rd year college taking up Business Administration in a known University. Annika Rostami is my only girl best friend. My mom and dad even treated her as their own daughter. That's why losing her really hurts me as well as to my family. The other one is Hendrix Devar, I met him and became friends in middle school, same as Annika. She likes Hendrix and that is not a secret anymore to him, to us or in school, because Annika tells everybody that they are dating even to the fact that they are not. Hendrix is so upset about what she did, but they still make it up after a couple of days. Speaking of that guy, I never seen him since the incident happens to Annika.

"Gav, I never seen Hendrix since that day. He didn't even visited me in the hospital and didn't see him in the funeral ceremony. Do you know what he is up to?" I asked him.

Before he can reply, I saw Hendrix near the counter while looking for a table. I raised my right hand to catch his attention. When he saw me, he started to walk towards our table, then he sits in the chair across us.

"Hi Hendrix! Where have you been? I didn't see you for so long!" I ask while looking at him intently. He just stared at me with his blank eyes. He has always been this cold.

"I'm up to something. Don't ask more." He said then turned his attention to the food and start eating his Hawaiian Pizza.

Is he mourning for Annika's death that time when he is missing in action? or the other way around? I have a lot of questions to ask him, but I know him better. He will just be annoyed and will be cold and rude as he always be, so I just let it slip.

I looked at him when he is going to eat the pizza. I notice the healing skin burn in his right wrist. A burn. I shake my head at the thought maybe it is just a coincident.

"Why are you staring at me as if I am a killer?" he said while raising his right eyebrow. That awakes me from my thoughts.

"Huh? Aw yeah. Sorry, " I told him then I turn to Gav. He gives me a curious look, but I just smile at him, then eats my carbonara to avoid the awkwardness.

He can't do it. Even though Ika annoyed him alot. He can't and he shouldn't do that. Please God, No.