Chapter 2: Not you again!

Chapter 2: Not You Again!

Dawn's POV

I wake up to the bright light of morning. I blink several times, as my eyes get used to the light. I feel warmer, I look down, and see a jacket on me. Whose jacket is this? I wonder, as I get up. Piplup is sleeping next to me, or at least he was. He gets up with me, and I give him a confused look.

"Piplup whose jacket is this?" I ask it, and it points to the right. I see a tent, and frown.

"About time you got up." I hear someone say from behind me, and I turn around. I bow my head, and smile a little.

"Thank you for letting me use your jacket." I thank them, and Piplup looks at me like I'm crazy. "I'm sorry that you were troubled by waiting for me to wake up." I apologize quickly, feeling very thankful.

"Quit thanking me, Troublesome. Your annoying me." The person said, and I stiffen. I know that voice. I realize, as I slowly stand up straight. He has gotten taller. I think, as I look at him. He glared at me with his dark eyes, as I looked at him. His purple hair was still long, well only shoulder length, but still its long for a boy.

"P-Paul." I gasp, and he smirks. I glance at Piplup, asking with my eyes if he had known who it was. Piplup shrugged, smiling sheepishly. He knew it was Paul. I think, and frown a little. "Why did you help me?" I demand, and he frowns at me.

"What happened to you being so thankful?" He asked, smirk still in place. I glare at him, knowing all to well that Piplup had probably forced him to help me. Paul doesn't go out of his way to help others, its not the type of person he is. He goes to his tent, and begins to pack it up.

"I didn't expect to ever see you again, Troublesome." He admited, making a point to express how much he had wished it would have been true. "How long has it been?" He asked, as he turned to me.

"Two years." I say, through gritted teeth. He smirks at me, looking slightly amused.

"You stayed home with your mommy for two whole years." He said, more to himself than to me. "I'd say you listen well, but here you are. Traveling again." He says, his smirk still in place. "Your still as weak as you were two years ago." He tells me, and I glare at him deeply.

"Your wrong." I say, and he raises a eyebrow at me. He takes a step towards me, still smirking, but his eyes are serious.

"Then why is it that I had to help you?" He asks, and my hands clench into fists. I take a step towards him, and Piplup does as well.

"I didn't ask for your help." I tell him, and he returns my glare.

"That doesn't mean you didn't need it." He explained, and I realized I was fighting a losing argument.

"Your right." I whisper, and he gives me a surprised look. "I did need your help." I say, as I look at the ground. "But that doesn't mean I'll need it again." I growl, and walk past him. "Piplup return." I say, holding up his pokeball. He returns, and I put the pokeball back on my belt. I walk away from Paul, feeling extremely angry. Stupid jerk! I think to myself, as I continue down the route. I pull out my map, and look at it. I'm about a day away from Rustboro city. I feel my stomach growl, and frown. I haven't eaten in about a day. I realize, and head into the forest. I look at the trees, looking for fruit trees, but to no avail. I sigh, as I sit on the ground. Piplup looks at me, frowning, with his little flippers on his hips.

"Pip! Piplup pip plup!" He demands, (Dawn! Get up and search for food!). I smile at my bestfriend, and he does too. "Piplup pip plup piplup." He says, (Please. I don't like it when your upset.). I sigh, and nod. I get up, and continue my search for food.