A Ballad for Love

I have written a million elegys, and symphonies in my head. There is never enough time in the day to transfer them all to paper. The ones that are lucky enough to make it out are my pride and joy. I show any person I can out of pure enthusiasm. I'm not bragging, I merely have a strong infatuation with writing. I could die tomorrow but my words will outlive me. My poems and stories and art will continue on while I lie ten feet under the ground. Though I know death is unavoidable, I still wish to live on in the memories of others, I wish to by immortalized with my words and actions. You see, in the end, friends leave you, people perish, possessions get ruined, but your words and actions outlive you. Eternity is in the swish of your brush, the stroke of your pen, the clank of the keys on your instrument, the bounce of your basketball, the winning goal of your soccer game, the final touchdown in the football game, the vibrato as you sing the final note in your favorite song. No, you may not change the world but you can spend your life creating art and doing the things you love the most. And those things will fill your life with joy and bliss. Those things will outlive you for generations.