37••Open

Ji

I was waiting for them. Door wide open. Why they decided to steal his keys, I don't know. I wanted to leave, didn't I?

No, not really. If I left, he'd come after them. He'd come after me. He'd hurt them in the process.

Wait, how had they gotten his keys?
-
"He's going to be here soon. Throw the keys on the counter." I ordered as Yoongi and... was that Hoseok?... came in. Yoongi obeyed, following me.

I glared at him. "Why?"

"Is that even a question?" Yoongi replied, running a hand through his beautiful mint hair.

Sighing, I did the same with my own brown hair, then let my hands drop to my sides. Hoseok had left the room, and was waiting by the door to give us a heads up for... oppa. Ugh. I didn't want to call him that. But if I didn't, he'd punish me again...
"He'll hurt you."

"Let him try. Ji, I promise, I'll get you out of this. I promise. But you have to work with me, here."

I nodded.

"We've phoned the police, I have no doubt he did as well. Please, I know, you're scared of him, I can tell."

Smaller nod.

"But you have to back us up. Tell them what happened. I promise, he won't hurt you ever again. Not while I live." He stepped forward, taking my hand.

"Not while I live."

"With him, you won't live too long."

He smiled. God, I loved it when Yoongi smiled. It was so different from when he smiled, it was... pure, soft, sweet. Like he would keep me safe, instead of the dirty, ugly way oppa smiled, like he would love to hurt me again...

I shook my head. Don't. Not now. Not now. Get out first. I told myself.

"We'll make it out." He said again. God, I loved his voice. It was the first one I'd heard since oppa...

I nodded once again. "I hope so."

Someone's phone rang from the front. A moment later, Hoseok poked his head in. "He's here. Tae says he can hear dispatch, as well. Be ready." He said, then left.

Taking a deep breath, I dropped his hand, smiling hesitantly at him. It felt weird to smile after all this time.

"Do I have a choice on being ready?"

---
I'm not screaming, you are.