T W E N T Y F O U R

24!

Immediately after Jovanni and I had our nice heart to heart chat we began our journey towards the wall. I trudged in front of the gleeful dryad while he slacked behind admiring – and sometimes complaining about the trees and their health. It was so very weird seeing a grown man chatting away with unresponsive living sources of natures like it was the most normal thing to do. If I wasn't informed about his ability, I'd think he's off his rocks.

"Jovanni!" I yelled finally fed up with his actions. He stood with his arm wrapped around the trunk of a tree and was talking to it. "Let's go!" I glared at him.

"See you later hacienda, don't ever change." He winked – He freakin' winked at a tree. He walked over with a smile on his face which soon turned into a frown once noticing the glare on mine.

"What?" He asked innocently. I grumbled and swiftly spun around to face away from him, my hair violently whacking me in the face.

"Stop talking to your tree girlfriend and let's get a move on, I don't have time to waste." I snapped at him. I noticed him cower back from my loud and slightly harsh tone of voice.

"No need to get snappy" He then sniggered and covered his mouth with his dirty left hand to hold in his laugh. I didn't ask what the joke meant as I didn't get it and I didn't care to.

I shook my head in annoyance and angrily stomped past the trees and through the tall grass and swinging vines. Jovanni skipped behind while whistling a tune he must have been listening to earlier. It made my fist clench.

I wasn't informed that bringing along a straggler would result in me wanting to send him back to where he came from using my fists.

I don't even understand why I have so much anger inside me. I've never gotten this upset at a person before – let alone them minding their own business. I should be grateful for the fact that someone who knows their way around this forest is trailing along with me otherwise, I'd probably be dead by now.

"So Cal," Jovanni's voice filtered through my ears. I turned my head in his direction indicating that I was listening.

"Cal?" I asked despising whatever nickname he just gave me.

"Yeah, Cal. Short for Clancy. Do you like it?" He grinned while I gave him a blank look over.

"It makes my male name sound even more male," I grumbled at that. He chuckled.

"Well, at least you don't look like a man, you definitely don't look like a man." His voice got lower towards the end of his sentence and I could feel his bright green eyes observing me. I shivered, disgusted.

"Avert those eyes," I ordered him to which he immediately complied.

"As I was saying," He began talking once more. "Why are you running from your pack?" My face scrunched up at his words. My pack?

He seemed to notice and raised a brow at my confused behaviour. "You're mates with Enzo, you're the Luna to their pack."

My mouth remained ajar as words that formed in my mind dispersed on my tongue. I couldn't come up with a logical response to his statement, but the way he's talking about this 'Luna' position makes it sound like a very important role.

"You aren't very familiar with werewolves are you?" I shook my head no. He sighed and raised his arm to bring down a tree branch.

"Sit." He told me. I held onto the branch in the form of a swing and sat down on the sturdy piece of wood. Jovanni sat next to me and the branch began to rise. The higher I got the higher my anxiety levels rose. I haven't been this high since that day. That day that happened so long ago.