T W E N T Y S I X

26!

I felt the warm crimson coloured substance trickle down my chin and slowly coat my sternum with its sticky self. I felt the burning in my throat intensify as if it was on fire yet chose to ignore it as I was bound with the tight grip of brown nylon rope knotted and held by the curly haired girl.

She would pull at the rope that held my arms down at my sides when I would slow down from the loss of blood. I stumbled forward.

"Least you could do is give me something to stop the bleeding your boyfriend caused," I hissed at her. Her back seemed to tense as I spoke to her, but she ignored me and continued to tug.

I wasn't sure where they were taking us, but if it were anywhere near the wall, then they'd be stupid to even think that was a good idea.

They're obviously underestimating the power of Jovanni and his potted plants!

Speaking of which, I turned to look at the man in the same predicament as I and noticed his hands encased in bulky black gloves while they were tied as if he was handcuffed.

He caught my gaze, and the playful smirk that indicated he had a plan was currently absent on his face; in place a grimace. That was enough indication that he had no way of summoning his tree demons. His treemons.

"Where are you taking us?" I asked the ass in the front as he walked ahead. I took a quick glance at the girl to see her on the brink of exhaustion from pulling both Jovanni and I while the guy walked ahead like he owned the place.

They both had the audacity to ignore me. With the sunlight now gone and nothing but the dinky light emitting from the handheld flashlight illuminating the path, it was hard to see if anything was behind us, hell if anything was right next to us.

My shoulders slouched as no information was being told to where we were being taken. I couldn't hear one sound from Jovanni other than his footsteps to reassure me he's still alive and breathing behind me. Lord knows what Rhyannon would do to me if she found out I unintentionally murdered her future soulmate.

We suddenly stopped. I looked ahead for answers to the sudden pause and found nothing but darkness.

"Why'd we stop?" He immediately spun around with a glare directed towards me.

"You ask too many questions!" He snapped at me walking closer so our faces were mere inches apart. I leaned away from his angry gaze and the fact that he was too close.

"Well if you'd answer them then I wouldn't be asking?" He wasn't pleased with my disobedience as he flicked out a silver blade from a small cream coloured pouch and held it close to my face.

"You better watch that tongue of yours... before it's no longer there." He threatened lowly. I bit back the snarky response I had and nodded stiffly all while biting the inside of my cheek.

His gaze moved from me to Jovanni behind me, and a vicious smirk arose on his thin, ugly lips.

"So... tree man," He mocked waving his hands in displeasing gestures. I could tell Jovanni was uncomfortable and angered. He then swiftly swung his sharp pickaxe and drove it into a near by tree trunk. It left a small hole exposing the innards of the tree to all.

I witnessed Jovanni flinch and let out a sound like a whimper. He seemed pained by this, it almost made me regret the time I threw away ample amounts of receipt paper because it was touched by Jennifer.

"Did that hurt? Oh, poor you." Jovanni began struggling against his restraints while curly sue had trouble containing him.

"You humans are a disgrace. All you do is kill. You have no remorse for your actions." He spat out through clenched teeth. I stood, quiet as a fish, and watched with widened eyes.