Differences.

The girls decided to stay at the club for a few more hours before they called it quits. I spotted Christian a few times but I never approached him, although we caught each other's eyes quite a bit throughout the night.

Thankfully Raya and Chelez weren't too drunk to walk out of the club in peace. I was just happy that they enjoyed themselves, especially Raya.

"Explain to me why I'm still hearing about what happened Friday? And to top it all off, I keep seeing Shad's face everywhere I go." Raya mumbled, folding her arms across her chest.

"Well yall do live in the same dorm building and have like three classes together, so it would make sense you two would see each other," I mentioned earning a hard slap to my arm. "Abusive ass." She only rolled her eyes at me as I went back to finishing up some homework.

"Did you contact Damien as we told you to?" Chelez asked pulling on the ends of her curly hair.

Raya only shrugged her shoulders in response. "Oh my word Ray, just give the guy a chance. You already said you would. Even if it's strict as friends, he's still someone worth having close."

"Then why won't you talk to him then?" Raya shot back, getting somewhat annoyed by the fact of Damien being brought up once again.

Chelez cut her eyes at her best friend since Freshman year. "Um, well gee I don't know maybe because the man has eyes only for you. Besides I refuse to be someone's second choice. I'm just tryna help you out."

I smirked at the two as they went back and forth as always. I swear they were like sisters sometimes. When I first met them, I actually thought they were related. If not sisters, then half cousins or something. They were so much alike and that's exactly why they always bumped heads. It was rare for a day to go by when the two weren't fussing about something.

After answering my last question, I packed away my things and eyed the girls. "Damien gets out of Trig in 30 minutes or so. I'm sure he'll be glad to see you waiting on him." I interrupted them, smiling at Raya softly.

I wasn't stupid. I knew the only reason Raya refused to see him was because she was nervous. Maybe she didn't want to actually admit it but I knew she was still hurt over her breakup with stupid face. A new relationship or simple fuckbuddy wasn't what she wanted. What Raya needed was someone to listen to her and make her smile.

Something Damien has been wanting to do for a while now. Even he knew Shad wasn't right for her.

Raya let out a deep breath closing her eyes, seating back in her chair. "I don't want him to think I'm using him as a rebound though Mariah. I just want to vent to someone other than you two all the time."

"And he'll understand that. Girl trust us, we know he's what you need right now...and possibly forever." Chelez beamed with a slight nod of her head. "Don't let all this he said, she said mess with Shad get to you either. We all know some other mess will pop off soon and everybody will be focused on that. Young people love spilling the tea."

Honestly, college-level drama was crazy. It was like high school, just ten times more petty and messy.

"Alright, I'll go and see him today." Raya tried to make it seem like she didn't want to but I could tell she was somewhat excited. She'll thank us for it later.

"Speaking of boys, Raya and I have been wanting to ask you about Friday night," Chelez said with a hint of mischief in her voice. The smile I had on my face instantly wiped off.

"What are you talking about?"

Both girls looked at each other, then at me while leaning on the table to get closer to me. "Don't play dumb. We saw you talking to some fine ass man on top of the roof."