Evocation

5:00 am
San Francisco

Walking towards my home,I kept on thinking about the events which occurred in past few hours. Ash is my bestfriend and I am glad to have him back,but I lied to ash and I do regret that,I had no errands to run before showing him the proofs, I just needed was some time to ponder upon the situation..the things we went through and the day when I found out Sally's true image.
                 I don't know how but I think Kath's disappearance was because of Sally. Kath is my sister..though she wasn't my biological sister but we were connected to eachother from our heart. I tried to search her alot but it was in vain. She was nowhere, we went to her house but it was vacant..we searched all the possible places and soo did the cops but none found Kath. My searches are going on from past one year along with the group but we aren't successful yet.Her phone number was out of order and she had no updates on social media. I sent her messages on daily basis but she saw none of them. I don't know where she is.. what happened to her....Is she alive?? These unanswered questions always left me wondering about Kath.
                            Our neighbours and acquaintances said Kath might have died.. would have been kidnapped or would have faced some tragedy......like so, many assumptions were made and these negative predictions made me worry alot. But I know one thing that Kath is alive.. I can feel it in my bones..she can't leave me.. she's my brave sister and I will do my best to find her.
             I can still remember the day when I met Kath. We were in our freshman year, I and Ash were the last people to enter our dorm or so I thought. Entering our dorm we saw five other people in our dorm who were none other than our roommates.
As we entered the dorm, they came to us and started introducing themselves, first one to introduce was Brandon..he was a guy with military cut, wearing a blue T-shirt along with shorts. He was from Rio and had a Spanish accent. He was cool, friendly and welcoming..he helped us with our bags and handed us some beer. Second one was Rose, she was pretty, friendly and soft-spoken. She had a formal attire and was probably shy.
Third one was Chris, he seemed to be geek but when we spoke to him my assumptions were proved wrong..he was damn cool and moreover we had many common interests like baseball, gaming and drinking beer.
     Next one was Jordan, he hailed from Virginia and had got admission on the basis of sports scholarship. Hearing the word "scholarship", I and Ash smiled at eachother and informed others that even both of us were here on scholarship basis. To our amazement we came to know that everybody over here was on scholarship basis except rose. Brandon said his mother was the only earning person in the family who had to look after her three children after his father's death. Since then Brandon did many part-time jobs to support his mother and finance his education through scholarships and meager earnings. Chris was an orphan unlike ash and me. Since I don't know who my real parents are and my foster parents left me on the streets of San Francisco when I was 8..I termed myself as an orphan and started living at an orphanage where I met Ash. And now the last person left for introduction was Nina..she came from China to San Francisco to study. She was wearing a pair of shorts along with a white tee. She looked calm.. friendly and beautiful. she was on scholarship basis too because of her financial crises. My eyes were gazed upon her and I admired her beauty. I loved the way she spoke to me...I loved the way she welcomed me. She was funny, friendly and loved talking alot. I felt attracted to her..to her personality..and to her voice.

            We settled in our rooms and later that evening we decided to head to the coffee shop. While heading to the coffee shop we saw a beautiful girl heading towards the dorms, she was blonde,tall, her face was innocent like child..she had blue eyes,well sculptured cheek bones and a warm smile on face. Her long wavy hair made her look like an Angel and Ash termed her to be," The goddess of beauty". But this goddess was made to stop in her way as a guy ran into her and both of them fell down. We ran towards them to help them, the guy was none other than our football captain Fredrick. He apologized her..and wanted to talk to her, when his friends called him, taking her leave he left. We helped her with her bags and asked her if she needed any help. She handed us an address and said she was searching for her dorm.  Scanning the address we grinned at her because it was such a coincidence running into our last roommate in this way. She was confused and had an amused expression on her face,  when, Nina hugged her and said," welcome to the dorm roomie". Hearing Nina's words even she smiled and hugged her back. She introduced herself as Kath....Katherine Larsson and said she was here on scholarship. Hearing that she was also a scholarship student we grinned again, and informed her that we were also scholarship students. We told her our past and reasons of obtaining the scholarship and so did she. She said she understood our situation because when she was 10, Her parents died in an airplane crash on their way to Scotland, Since then she stayed at an orphanage and unlike us she too worked hard to earn the scholarship. We hugged her one by one to make her feel good and to welcome her, soon it was my turn, I took a step towards her when I noticed a tattoo on her left hand, I was astonished to see someone having the same tattoo as mine.. even I had it on my left hand. I showed my tattoo to Kath, she asked me from where I got that tattoo, to which I replied that I don't know from where I got my tattoo but I had this tattoo since my birth. She said even she had this tattoo since her birth further added that this was a very mysterious tattoo and  termed it as some kind of symbol. She also said that she never saw this tattoo on anyone's hand before, except her parent's.
       Our tattoo is quite mysterious I replied. Moving ahead from our tattoo conversation I hugged her and invited her to the coffee shop along with us, since she had bags with her she hesitated, But my dearest bestfriend Ash who was going nuts over her beauty and her loving personality said that he'll help her with the bags to the dorm and then he'll accompany her to the coffee shop. We agreed with ash and started walking towards the coffee shop, Ash and Kath went towards the dorm. After sometime my new tattooed friend in her LBD entered the coffee shop with Ash. " They both would make a good couple.. she's an Angel .. goddess of beauty is entering the coffee shop with Ash" , were the comments passed by our jury before Kath and ash could make their way to our table from the entrance. Nina asked her to sit besides her..Kath was polite, charming and humble. We spent initial hours talking to everyone in our group..we laughed, everyone of us shared our views on eachother and soon I found myself attached to Kath..her generosity, and the way she spoke with each of us. I and kath went to order the coffee since she loved Irish coffee and so did I, we ordered Irish coffee for us and Americano for rest of them. The Barista was over Kath's Beauty and flirted with her like a crazy lover which Kath didn't realise, she thought he was just being nice until the Barista squeezed Kath's hand while handing her the bill, I was about to hit him for making Kath feel abash and uncomfortable and for touching her hand but Kath stopped me, she had a warm and friendly touch..her words and her eyes conveyed her concerns..she was innocent like a child and wanted to avoid me getting into the trouble because of her..she didn't wanted me to get hurt, grabbing our coffee we went back to the group and next day I got the Barista changed by lodging a complaint against him.
              Since that day, whenever Kath used to be around me, I used to feel some connection between us..I used to feel in my bones. Days passed and we all were very close to eachother..Kath was like a sister, I never had but ever wanted. I thought Ash loved Kath since the first day, which he did indeed but never conveyed his love. I don't why, maybe he feared of loosing their friendship. Later they became good friends and then bestfriends unlike all of us. Till the end of freshman year Kath had three guys after her..one of them was our football captain Fredrick.. second was Mike a guy from her major and third was Sean the most popular guy in the college. Sean tried alot to make Kath fall in his love but it never worked. Sean was senior to us and till end of his last semester of his senior year he tried to get Kath but it was in vain. Kath had already made her decision by choosing Fredrick at the end of freshman year. They both were happy with eachother till the end of their junior year everything was going perfect. At the end of kath's junior year Sean completed his college and left for Europe, now there was no one to intrude kath's relationship but during our senior year Kath and Fredrick broke up. Kath said she was confused, she did not know what  she really wanted from her life and moreover Fredrick was acting strange since Sean left. I didn't know what she meant but she said Fredrick and she had discussed upon this and they concluded that they weren't compatible for eachother, I never asked her, neither did I ask her to reconsider her decision.. I knew Kath couldn't take wrong decision. She's my sister and I trusted her.Nina and rose were close to kath, they might have known what was on kath's mind but I never asked them  because I wanted Kath to have her privacy.

           We had happy moments back then, Kath was everyone's favourite and knew very well how to turn hatredness into love and buttheads to sugar candy. Having her around was fun, she cheered everybody and helped everyone selflessly. I was proud to have her.. I miss her alot and now here I am, standing in front of my house starring the nameplate and returning back to the reality. I entered my house and called Nina and other friends. Soon everyone was at my place..they were curious.. desperate to listen what happened, when I said I met Ash yesterday and resolved our differences. I informed them everything that happened  with Ash and my decision to show him the proof against Sally. We decided to check the proofs to ensure that everything was right, so I went to my bedroom to fetch the proofs. We had installed a spy cam in Sally's home a month ago when she wasn't home and she being unaware of it we recorded her every action. I brought the CD and inserted into the DVD player and pressed the hit button........