Needing help

Nobody likes a silenced dog. Specially no silenced wolf. I walked down the sidewalk ignoring the stares from the humans. I had chosen to stay in my wolf form cause no one could see the scar on my neck.

"Mommy look at that doggy" A little girl screamed running across the street. I heard the screech of tires. Knowing what would happen I jumped and tackled the girl so the car would go right over her. I felt the impact of the bumper slam into my head propelling me backwards off the child.

Colors erupted in my head. I heard screaming and a man apoligising as car doors slammed closed. I sat up ignoring all pain. I slighty wobbled over to the smell of the girl. I managed to drag her fainted body from under the car as my vision slowly started coming back and so did all the pain.

"Ashley please oh god" A women cried. A blond haired woman came over and dropped onto her knees beside the girl. I bent down placing my head near the girls chest and heard her heartbeat quicken.

"Mommy". I jumped back at the girls sudden whisper. I heard some chuckles and sighs from the people that had crowded around us. I looked around at them all. My eyes though traveled to the little girl. She had light red hair and she wore jeans. I was betting the girl had hair like her fathers.

I looked at the bumper of the car to see a dent where my head had collided with the bumper. I saw my dirty whitish gray fur covered in dirt. I saw a cut of my head that was bleeding. I moved to look at the rest of my fur. One of my sides had blood that was starting to dry up from scooting on the road. I looked away not wanting to see more. I just barely took one step before, I collapsed.

My legs had given out from my 126 mile walk from the last state I walked through. I let out a huff of air.

"Excuse me can I take a look at the dog. I'm a vet" A man said. I looked to where a black haired man pushed through the crowd. I noticed his seemingly soft grey eyes next. He bent down infront of me. I tried to jump back but only moved a inch. I hated vets. They've tried to put me down cause they knew I was suffering cause I couldn't bark or whimper. They didn't know what had happened to make me become silent.

"No it's okay" He said. I stared at him and his eyes. The last time I heard that was when I was six when I was silenced in the hospital with the stitched wound. Not long before I ran away. As soon as I was healed I ran. He held out his hand. After a few minutes I guess he got tired of bending and sat down. That was a sign of him not ready to give up.

I was the one to give in. I crawled over to him and just barely put my chin on his leg.

"There you go" He pulled me closer. I felt him touching my head.

"Candice dear can you get my bag from the car and a bottle of water from the cooler" He called. A women with black hair came from behind him and set a bag to the side and held a bottle of water over his shoulder. He grabbed the bottle and put it down. I closed my eyes.

"It just needs bandaged but first clean" He said.

"Is the doggy alright" The little girl Ashley asked.

"Well she has some boo boo's that need bandaids on them. From what I see. But I won't be able to tell if any broken bones until I get her to the office" He said. I snapped my eyes open and tried to get up but I could barely move from my tired legs.

I could feel him pressing something wet to my head and wiping it. I felt something light as a feather on my head and he pushed my chin up. I wish I could of growled as he wrapped a bandage all around my head.

"Want some water" He asked looking at me. I just stared at him. He shrugged and got up.

Candice grabbed the bag and bottle.

"Does anyone have a jacket or a blanket I can use" The guy asked. A boy ran and came back not long with a blanket.

"Here you are sir. We just use them to cover some ugly shelves when family comes" He said. The guy patted the boys head.

"Thank you" He grabbed the blanket and dropped it on me. I squirmed.

"Stop the moving" He growled. He just barely touched my side and it erupted into a flood of pain. I winced. He managed to pick me up without touching my side. Him holding me felt really nice. Two years of traveling alone and fending for myself it was nice to feel warmth again. I tried staying awake but that failed miserably.

"Come on wake up" The guy growled. I jumped up to my feet looking around. I was in a vets office.

"You slept pretty heavy. I would never have been able to sleep through X-Rays" He said. I watched him walked over to the counter and grabbed a big bandage. He wrapped it around my stumach. I admit he looked handsome in that white vet jacket. A eight year old admitting that. I spent my first year through tons of familys. Then I stopped.

"You know thats a clean cut scar on your neck" He whispered in my ear. I sat down.

"Corneliaos pack" He asked. I shook my head.

"Frank's" He asked.

"Vladimier" He asked. I looked at him.

"Close to his pack" He asked. I nodded. He tapped his chin.

"What about Daniels pack" He asked. I leaned away from him at that name.

"So Daniel" He asked. I nodded. He thought for a moment and his eyes widend. I knew what that look was. He walked over to a desk in a corner and rummaged through his drawers. He pulled out a yellow thick envelope. He pulled out a photo. Me when I was younger. I looked away from it.

"He wanted you back you know. Mentioned you had been in a accident" He said. The door opened. I turned to see Candice walk in.

"Was it a accident" He asked. I looked up at him. He pointed to a spot on my cheek. It was whiter than alot of my skin. There was more spots like it.

"Was those bruises he made you hide" He asked. I nodded.

"Honey whats going on" She asked. He grabbed her arm and pulled her close. I just heard what he said faintly.

"Shes a werewolf like me". I looked at him and looked around. I noticed a map. I continued to stare at it.

"What's she doing here" Candice asked. I didn't give him time to answer before I jumped onto the counter where the map was. I felt his presence come up behind me. He touched a spot in Utah.

"Daniels pack" He muttered and trailed his other finger across all the way to here to new jersey.

"Where we are at" He said.

"Thats over a thousand miles" He muttered. I nodded.

"Candice were not letting her go back there" He said.

"You mean shes staying with us" Candice asked. The man nodded his head.

"Can I homeschool her" Candice asked. I looked behind at her she looked excited.

"Yeah" He moved back. Candice jumped right over to me.

"Whats her name" She asked.

"Sylvia" He answered but I heard a but at the end.

"But if anyone asks shes our pet" He said. She sighed.

"Now lets get you home Sylvia and get you a bath. Are you gonna change forms" She asked. I looked at the guy.

"I'm Hunter. You should really change forms when taking a bath" He said. I jumped down from the counter only to wince when I hit the ground.

"Careful there". I stared at him.