Chapter 19

Ashton's P.O.V

I have four days left.

I have no idea what I'm going to do. I have no idea how I'm going to tell Luke that he's the one I want to spend my life with. He would always talk about my crush like it was someone else. I saw the way he would sadden when I brought anything about this up.

Little does he know it's him. It's always been him. But I just haven't found the right time to tell him. I had briefly thought about telling him when we were in the park the one day, but still, no opportune times presented themselves.

This morning at breakfast Luke had said he wanted to take Michael, Calum, and I out for lunch and a little shopping trip. I obviously said yes.

I sigh as I lean against the counter in Luke's bathroom and look down at my outfit. It was a plain black t-shirt, black skinny jeans, and some boots that Luke personally didn't like on himself.

I really need this shopping trip because even though I only have four days left, I still need to stop wearing Luke's clothes; I can't impress him if he's already seen all of these outfits before on himself.

"Ashton? Are you okay in there?" Luke calls from the other side of the door.

"Yeah, I'll be out in a minute," I reply, rubbing my face nervously before fixing my hair to make sure it looks okay.

I take a deep breath before walking over and opening the door. On the other side revealed Luke sitting at his desk, working on something. I cough to get his attention, even though I could stare at him all day.

He looks up before standing up and walking over to where I stood. "You look great," Luke says with a smile. I felt a blush rise to my cheeks.

"Thanks," I reply as I look down towards my shoe covered feet.

"You're welcome," Luke replies happily. "You ready to go?"

"Yeah, I'm ready."

"Good! Michael and Calum are going to see a movie, so we'll be by ourselves," Luke explains as we head downstairs towards the front door.

I felt a grin grow on my face, but, without much luck, I tried to hide it. "Okay," is all I reply with.

***Time Skip***

"How's this?" I ask as I step out of the changing room.

I was wearing a white sleeveless shirt that was littered with holes and said "Jimi Hendrix", along with a black denim vest.

"Woah..." Luke says as he looks up from his phone.

I notice his eyes widen as he looks at me. I felt myself getting self-conscious.

"Do you not like it?" I ask, my voice not hiding any of the worry I felt.

"What? Oh, no, no, I think you look great; it's a great look for you. I think you should definitely get this outfit," Luke says, looking very flustered, but sounding very confident.