Chapter 3

“For the last time, sir, we are told not to give you anymore bottles of beer.” The bartender or whatever said in his most professional yet, annoyed voice.

“Why not? I’m paying you, aren’t I? Your job is to s-supply us with whatever we want as long as we pay you in return, right?” I countered, clearly not going to just settle down with this argument. I’ve been in the same bar for heaven knows how long now. I transferred from my table to the counter, trying to get myself another bottle of beer.

“I know, sir but-“

“I w-would like to speak to the manager. This is un, ugh, unacceptable.” My words were slurry and my vision was blurry. The bartender man looked so annoyed as ever but I didn’t care. I should be getting the price of what I am paying for anyways. I buried my face to my arm that was resting on the counter because it felt like I was going to hurl. My head was spinning and it felt heavy.

“Excuse me sir, what seems to be the problem here?” I heard a man spoke from above me. I dizzily lifted my head to look at this person.

“Ah, yes, are you the manager?” I asked. I stared at him for a couple more seconds and realized that he is the guy from earlier that performed. I squinted my eyes, trying to get a better view of his face, trying to see if I was just getting delusional with what I am seeing.

“Yes, sir. I heard that you wanted to see me? What seems to be the problem?” He asked too politely as he looked at me interestingly.

“Yes yes see, your guy bartender right here told me that he isn’t going to be giving me anymore drinks, why is that?” I sassily asked with a lift of my finger.

“I am sorry, sir. Although you are still willing to paying us for whatever you are getting, I am afraid that we may have to stop serving you drinks because you seem to have enough... for tonight at least.” He said as he patted the bartender and motioned for him to clear a table from behind me. He leaned over to the counter so we were now eye-level.

“What kind of bar is this? You shouldn’t be the one who’s telling me when I should or s-should not stop. I am a c-customer and for what I know, t-the customer is always r-right!” I countered in between my sloppy hiccups. Also, I could feel my eyelids becoming heavier and heavier by the second but I didn’t care. They are wrong and what they are doing is unacceptable.

“You have a point there sir but, you would still have to drive yourself home and from what I could see from you right now, you wouldn’t even be able to do that.” He said with a little smirk playing along his lips. Even though I was drunk as heck, I felt chills crept through my smile. Seriously, this man is very creepy and I feel very uncomfortable all of a sudden. My anger and confidence dropped and I just wanted to ditch the argument and leave the place as soon as possible and so, I attempted to do so.

“Uh, I g-guess you’re right. Um, I, uh, I’ll be heading home now. Bye and t-thanks for the uh, whatever. Sorry” I stuttered and stumbled as I pushed myself off from the stool.

“You need help getting home?” The Vic guy startled me and appeared beside me in an instant, helping me to get up from the ground. There is still a good amount of people in the place but I guess they were all too busy minding their own business to look at the commotion that I was causing.

“No no, I could take care of m-myself.” I said, pushing his hands away from me. I know that he was just being helpful and all but he just gives me an undeniable amount of creeps.

“It’s the least that I could do for you though.” He  said and gave me a sly smile. To be honest, if he wasn’t supporting me right now, I could have fallen back to the concrete right away.
I was about to say some lame excuse but before I could even part my lips, he immediately spoke.