Chapter 5

Reiner POV

Reiner shielded his eyes from the sun that shone down onto his skin, and looked ahead to locate [y/n]'s position. Unfortunately, as soon as everyone set out from the gates, they had all dispersed into their formation and he had no idea where she was.

"Red signal east side!"

Reiner turned his attention to the right to see Jean shouting at him and Armin. Dammit, where is she!?

"ABNORMAL. INCOMING FROM BEHIND!" Jean shouted at Armin to fire a black flare into the air to alert the others.

I looked over to see Armin fumbling with his flare gun, and as he was loading it, one of the gun powders slipped from his hand. Snatching my own gun, I load it and aim it directly above my head and fire. Armin looked apologetically at me and then turned his attention back to the abnormal titan running towards them from the east side.

"Let's go kill a titan." Jean and Armin nodded their head at me, and we charged towards the Abnormal titan.

The cold breeze intensified on my cheek as I whipped the horse for it to run faster. I then jumped off the horse and flew onto the abnormal titans arm whilst trying to avoid the weird jerks of its arms that attempted to grab me. As I attempted to slash its arm off, Jean flew under the titans leg to slice its ankles, but missed, and the titan countered by kicking him in the stomach. As I watched Jean's limp body fly towards the ground, I yelled for Armin to snap back into reality and go help Jean.

He blinked his eyes a couple times before snapping back into reality. "JEAN, WATCH OUT!" Armin yelled out a delayed reaction and then immediately rushed over.

I guess I have to be the one to finish this titans ass off.  I jump off the titans arm and then soar downwards towards the ground, and notice that the titans eyes were now fixated on me and it immediately reached its arms towards me. After calculating the exact moment, I abruptly change my direction from falling downwards and use my ODM gear to swing through the titans leg and then push myself onto the titans neck where I had a crystal clear of its nape. Without any hesitation, I channel my inner anger and slash continuously at the titans neck until its lifeless body fell onto the ground, and a loud bang echoed through my ears. I then immediately retreat over to where Armin and Jean were now sitting.

"He-he's awake. I don't think the titan kicked him too hard... He should be okay."

"Jean, how you feeling?" I ask.

"DAMMIT. I SHOULD'VE BEEN MORE ATTENTIVE TO MY SURROUNDINGS."

"The most important thing is that you're alive. Anyway, we better get going." I lift Jean up from the floor, and help him towards his horse. As Jean is securely seated onto his own horse, I tie his horses straddle onto mine, and then prepared to move out. "Armin, ready to go?" I waited for a response, but no one replied. Turning my head around, I could still see Armin standing where we were just moments ago. His attention was fixated on something from the east side. And that's when I heard it. Screams. Continuous screams of agony, pain, and terror. I could see from the distant, my comrades from the east side being thrown and swung into the air by a 14ft looking titan. It looked like a....Female Titan.

----

No...it can't be. The Female Titan ran towards our direction and was only mere meters away from Armin now. My grip on the straddle tightened, and I tried moving my body, but instead it froze. The Female Titan was leaning down towards Armin, and appeared to be lifting its hood up. No one else dies today. Not on my watch. I quickly untie my horse to Jean's and instruct Jean to stay here. Jean replied with a muffled grunt, however, before I couldn't even comprehend what he said, I took off to save Armin. Whipping my horse harder, I felt momentum building, and then launch myself off my horse and fly towards the Female Titan that now had its attention on me. The Female Titan reached its arm towards me, but I avoided it by swinging behind to cut its nape. Standing on its neck and about to stab its nape, I see Armin's horse and mine running in the opposite direction away from the chaos the Female Titan was creating. Crap, no escape route... This means I have to finish he titan if the three of us want to live. Lifting my sword up I direct it at an angle at the nape and stab it, but instead, sounds of piercing glass erupted through my ears. The titan's neck, it hardened and turned into ice...!?!

Left with only one blade to fend off a bloody 14ft tall titan that can harden its nape by turning into ice, I consider my options, but was cut short when I heard Armin screaming my name from down below. I turn my head downwards, and then I felt the Female Titans hand grab around my waist, and sounds of cracking filled me ears. I feel myself losing air and each breath getting shorter and shorter. Taking one last look from the gaps in the Female Titans grasp, I see Jean and Armin looking up at me.  "[y/n] -" I choke. Before I could finish, I see a dark shadow looming over me and I knew that this was the end for me.

**************

Author Notes!

Hello everyone! 

I can't believe that this has over 400+ reads (I was never expecting this at all)! Thanks everyone for reading, and I really do hope that you guys enjoy it as much as I enjoy writing it :D 

I would also like to apologise for all the delays in posting chapters! I'm an university student studying a heavy load, play heaps of sports, so I rarely have time to write! HOWEVER, I start my two week semester break tomorrow, so If i do find some free time (I still have assignments to finish) I will definitely write a couple chapters in advance, so that you guys won't have to wait forever for a new chapter :((

Please follow me on my social media accounts:

www.abnormal-titans.tumblr.com

www.ghiblighibs.tumblr.com

Please vote for this story, I will appreciate it greatly :D

Comment and share!

Now, time for me to go to bed... 

Later alligators! xD