Chapter 6

Jean's POV

"Armin, R-Reiner, he's dead..." I muffled whilst trying not to let my emotions take over. Armin turned his horror struck face towards me to say something, but then stopped himself. 

Since Marco's death, I told myself that I would not let any of my comrades die again. I promised Marco that I would become strong. But with Reiner, one of the strongest of the 104th squad, murdered, I had lost all hopes.

"J-Jean, what are going to do about the titan?!"

I ignored Armin's question as I knew that if one of the strongest warriors could not kill this monster, then how we possibly survive?! I could feel the weight on my shoulders now. I broke my promise to Marco. I felt something cold run downwards from my eyes and I wipe it away quickly. Suddenly, I notice the Female Titan's right arm twitching, and then with no warning, steam erupted from the Female Titans hand and out emerges Reiner from the the titans grasp. Reiner, he's alive. Reiner landed onto the ground and ran towards us and chucked Armin over his shoulder along the way as he had literally become frozen with disbelief and fear.

Looking over, the female was not staring intently at its hand, and then it stood up and ran promptly towards the centre of the formation. I instantly climb onto the only remaining horse and race to where Reiner and Armin were.

Reiners POV

"Armin." I look at his bloody face. "Armin!"

"R-Reiner.I'm so glad you're okay. ..but the Female Titan. I think I understand it." I place Armin onto the ground and he scratches his head and furrowed his eyebrows.

He can't have possibly figured it out.

"The Female Titan, I don't think it's just randomly killing us..."

"What do you mean, Armin?"

I look back and forth at Armin and Jean who both looked confused, whilst I remained silent.

"Jean, Reiner, don't you get it?! The Female Titan, it's goal isn't to just kill any person it finds! I'm 95% that it's looking for something or someone specific. It has to be. For some reason, the Female Titan spared my life before when she saw that it was me under the hood. This makes me think that the Female Titan could be someone we know...?"

"Armin, are you suggesting that the Female Titan is some sort of human but has the ability to shift into a titan?"

"But that's not possible!!"

"Before the fall of Shinganshima, I used to have sleepovers at Eren's place, and this one time we snuck into his dads room and found a book about titans. More specifically, titan shifters."

"Titan shifters...I mean I've heard whispers about it. But, they're just all myths!"

"Reiner, what's your thought on this?!" 

How could he of possibly figured all this out?!

"REINER?!"

I lift my gaze and settle on Armin, who looked intensely at me. "Sorry, I was just thinking. My thought on titan shifters..um, I've heard stories too, but I, too, thought that they were myths."

"Let's see, the titan came from the east to the west side, and now it's headed towards the centre...what or who is the Female titan so interested in?! Wait, who's in the front centre group formation?"

"Levi's squad including [y/n]," Jean said convincingly.

"Jean, are you sure about that? I though Levi's squad was middle centre?"