Part 2

He hated cold climates as much as he liked them. It was the only time in which he didn't know if he enjoyed the ambient or not because on one hand, it was fucking cold, but on the other, there were less people on the streets—meaning he didn't have to deal with all those people smiling and happily yelling for whatever reason.

He didn't have to deal with people being happy.

He would never admit that deep down—very deep down— he hated summer because it was the season in which he was more conscious of the daily unhappiness he was forced to get used to.

That specific day, he felt like going out to wander the streets as to take out his frustration caused by a strange event that happened a few nights back that wouldn't leave him in peace for various days, or perhaps weeks. As much as he had hoped for that uncomfortable sensation to disappear overnight, it seemed to have grown worse along with the intolerable desire to meet that person who was 'unintentionally' mortifying him. And yes, with quotations because Menma blamed the idiot dressed as a girl for not being able to peacefully fuck all the women he had tried to do after that day.

If sex had been interesting for the first few seconds before, then now it was too boring. Before, he would at least keep himself busy, even if it were a bit entertaining to make the woman moan despite him not feeling anything at all.

He was used to not feeling anything from anything, but ever since he met that guy, his stomach seemed to be a sort of mixer that mixed every emotion he had never felt before only to bother him. But that only happened when he remembered him, which was every quarter of an hour.

When Menma noticed he was damning the boy with the purple lipstick out loud in a public street, he decided that it was best to go drink something hot because it was too cold out. Without hesitating much, he entered a new café where he hadn't placed too much attention on until he saw the enormous line in front of the cashier: where each and every person in line was an impatient woman as they shouted and pushed against each other, trying to arrive at the cashier first.

He thought of immediately leaving but the conversation that some girl had started in front of him caught his attention.

"Wow, he's handsome. Why didn't you tell me before that someone like him worked here?"

"Because apparently he's new."

Ah, so that's why all the ruckus. He rolled his eyes in annoyance and clicked his tongue. 'Must be some damn simpleton.' he thought, as this was not the first time he had witnessed how a bunch of young girls went crazy over any guy that stood out from the rest.

His click of the tongue managed to get the girls' attention as they now turned to look at him.

"What?" He mumbled sourly.

"Oh! You're also very handsome!" One of the girls shamelessly let out and immediately, Menma felt himself become the center of attention as the entire line turned around to look at him.

Far from feeling uncomfortable, he maintained his serious and uninterested look—the one that seemed to always be his best charm to make anyone willing to be taken anywhere by him. However, this time, he only wanted coffee and nothing more.

"It's true, he's very handsome."

Or that's what he'd thought until he heard that voice from up ahead. His attention immediately went towards the boy who dared call him 'handsome' without any shame whatsoever.

The tingling in his stomach seemed to have anticipated his irremediable encounter with him.

"Although that hair color doesn't really suit you, to be honest." He then added, giving him that same smile he remembered when he first met him days back at the club.