1. The Day It All Began

Oyaji: a very informal way of saying father
Fukuro: a very informal way of saying mother
Tou-san: father
Kaa-san: mother
Aniki: informal way of saying older brother
Nii-san: older brother
hitai-ate: forehead protector (headband)

________________________________

Akito.

The cousin of Sasuke and his only friend.

They did almost everything together. Eat, sleep, play, train, going to the academy, and until the age of 6—even showering.

They were inseparable.

Even though they are not together now, that incident made them out to be very similar in many aspects...

~A few years ago~
"Wait for me, Aki! You're going too fast! It's not like nii-san will run away! We also need to eat dinner!"

"I'm not fast, you're just slow, Sasuke!"

"You are fast! After all, you have the Sharingan already and you're Shisui-san's little brother."

"Stop, Sasuke. Don't go there. Aniki isn't here anymore. And plus, my Sharingan has nothing to do with it. If we don't hurry, Itachi-san will be gone on a mission or something again! We can be late for dinner just a bit!"

These two energetic boys were Uchiha Sasuke and Uchiha Akito. One the younger brother of the Anbu prodigy, Itachi, and the other, younger brother of the now deceased Shunshin no Shisui(Shisui of the Body Flicker). You can say that they were boys that always hid in their brother's shadow.

No matter how much the others of the clan suspects Itachi, Akito still thinks that Itachi didn't kill his brother.

Wanting to show Itachi what they learned in the academy that day, they quickly ran towards Sasuke's house, looking for the teen they needed to find.

However, as the two ran through the clan's compound, they found something strange with the emptiness in every area they run through. With Sasuke starting to panic, Akito calmly stated, "I don't like this. Let's do this instead: we each go to our own houses. If nothing happens, come back to here. We will rendezvous here. But if worse comes to worst and something horrible happened to our parents or the clan, don't come here, just run. Remember, don't be reckless!" Sasuke quickly replied, "Got it."

<Sasuke's POV>

After I replied Aki, I ran straight to my house taking shortcuts. While running, this iron-like smell drifted by my nose and the sight in front of me left me speechless. The local shop baa-chan and jii-chan, the oji-san from the neighborhood... The many bodies lying on the ground of people I've known caused my pace to slow down.

When I reached my house, I prayed for the safety of my family and walked inside. Yelling for someone—tou-san, kaa-san, even nii-san—I wandered around the house finding empty rooms. Finally, in the last room, I took a deep breath and opened the door. The sight was enough for me to cry for days, weeks, or even months. In the middle of the room was the two bodies of tou-san and kaa-san piled on top of each other, motionless and blood on them.

Though, what surprised me the most was the figure in the back of the room. It was my brother, Itachi.

"Nii-san, tou-san and kaa-san are... Why? For what reason?! Who the hell would do something like this...?!"

Immediately after I said that a shuriken flew by my left side, ripping some of the fabric of my shirt. I looked at the shuriken that got thrown towards me and looked back at Itachi. That would become an action that I would soon regret as I was placed in a genjutsu.

"Foolish little brother."

The pain in my head increased with each scene that was shown to me in the genjutsu. "Stop it, nii-san! Why are you showing this to me?!" I collapsed on the floor of the room, physically and mentally exhausted.

When I regained some of my strength back, without looking at nii-san, I ran out of the house as Aki told me to, crying. "Don't kill me...!" That was the only thing I could say as I was confronted once again with nii-san in front of me.

"Run away... run away... and cling to life... And one day, when you have the same eyes as I do, come before me!" With that, nii-san jumped away. Desperate for answers, I stood up and pursued him. "Wait!"

I threw a few kunai at him with nii-san blocking all of them except one that knocked his hitai-ate off. Tired, I fell down on my knees, grabbing my injured left arm and breathing heavily. Nii-san came down to the ground and grabbed his hitai-ate, putting it back on his head. I looked up to find a pair of sharingan looking my way.

That was the last thing I saw before I got caught in another genjutsu, causing me to fall forward towards the ground.

~Going back to when Akito and Sasuke went separate ways~
<Akito's POV>

"Got it."

Hearing Sasuke say that I immediately ran towards my own house in the opposite direction from his. As I was getting closer to the populated areas of the compound, I discovered corpses scattered everywhere on the road. Strangely, I did not feel any feelings of sadness. Just shock. The reason for that lies in the fact that the Uchiha Police HQ is a place I must pass through to reach my house no matter the route I take.

There, I witnessed the last moment of Itachi-san's childhood friend, Uchiha Izumi. After he killed Izumi, the masked man looked at me and took a kunai out, lunging towards me as if to kill me. Determined to stay alive, I ran to the side and for my house. However, luck clearly wasn't on my side as the masked man cut off my left arm from the upper arm.

I screamed in pain as my blood kept flowing out. Seeing this, the masked man said, "Pitiful child, you will die of blood loss soon enough. I will allow you the last few moments of your life to your choosing. You will not make it to anyone outside this compound anyway."

With that, the man disappeared from that spot, leaving me to myself in the empty silence. Of course, I do not wish for it to end like this, so despite the heavy injury, I ran straight to my house.

When I arrived, the first thing I saw was the corpse of my father next to the chair outside the house. Fearing for the worst, I went inside the house and to the kitchen, the room my mother would most likely be in. Alas, my fears became a reality as I found my mother's body lying in front of the sink, still.

The immense sadness caused a well-known phenomenon to happen—the Sharingan. Though in my case, because I already unlocked the Sharingan, what happened was just the gaining of a pair of three tomoe Sharingan.

Blood continued to drip from my arm as I cried with my Sharingan on. However, I remembered that I still had to find Sasuke, so I looked for a cloth or something to cover up my wound. When I finished with that, I hurriedly ran to Sasuke's house. On the way there, I found Sasuke lying on the ground unconscious. I went up to Sasuke and checked his pulse. Finding that he is still alive, I tried to wake him up, but without success. Since Akari, my little sister, is still missing, I used my bloodied fingers and wrote on the ground next to Sasuke a message.

'I'm fine. Oyaji and fukuro got killed. Going to look for Akari. -Akito'

After I finished leaving a message, I walked towards the compound entrance. I remembered that Akari was staying at the house with a friend from the academy, so she must be safe. My blood from the cut off arm was already seeping through the cloth and my vision was blurry, so I tried to get out of the compound and find Akari.

Note: tried.

Right before I got to the entrance, everything in my sight turned black, and I fell down, unaware of what happens next.

________________________________

Hello readers! I don't know how many people will read this is the future, but I got an idea so I just wrote it down! Hope you enjoyed the story!