3. The Betrayed Hero

Gedo Mazou: Gedo Statue; vessel of the Ten Tails
Project 'Tsuki no Me': Project Eye of the Moon

________________________________

~At the cave, 6 months later~
<Akito's POV>

"Haa... haa... haa... Can we take a break now, Madara?" I said while panting heavily.

"I suppose so. You can stop. Now that you have trained for 6 months, you are ready to break the rock and get out of the cave. And also like you wanted, to return to your village and those you left behind."

At that moment, Spiky Zetsu popped out from the wall and exclaimed, "I went outside and saw that Sasuke person you keep talking about. He and Akari are currently being chased by a bunch of Kirigakure shinobi!"

In a rushed attempt, I punched the rock, only to make a dent in it, and nothing more.

"You still cannot break that yet. You have the power, but not the needed parts." Spiral Zetsu said from behind me.

"But how do I get out without my left hand, let alone arm? I busted the previous 'Hashirama cell' one you gave me... and I can't do anything like weaving signs and hand-to-hand combat without another arm."

"No problem. White Zetsu can help you with that. White Zetsu, do it."

"Madara said 'Do it' but... Do what?"

White Zetsu came towards me and said, "Akito, it might sting a little, but you can wear my body. It will be more sturdy than my clones. And I can also help guide you to where Sasuke and Akari is. My allies are going to send me information on them now."

"If you go, White Zetsu, it'll make finding them faster... That's reassuring. Then let's hurry it up then. See you, Madara. I'm grateful to you."

With that, White Zetsu started to wrap around me as the I stood still so as to not bother the process. When White Zetsu was finished, he opened the top part that previously covered my face and I took that as the sign for me to start moving. I punched the rock, hard enough to break it, and started towards the nostalgic outside world.

'Sasuke, Akari, I will be back soon!'

"I leave the navigation to you!"

I jumped from tree to tree in the forest. When I realized I was in the forest for a while now, White Zetsu suddenly said, "I have new information. The situation's really bad."

"What is it?"

"The Kiri ninja keep talking about last Uchiha and the Sharingan. They want to take out the eye of Akari and then kill her. Along with Sasuke that is taking her back to the village."

"Only Akari, no Sasuke? And isn't the Sharingan and Uchiha important to Konoha? Especially since they are both one of the last Uchiha left, shouldn't they guard them?"

"It seems that the kidnapping happened right when shifts are being changed. Sasuke went to save Akari with a little squad and told the squad he would get her back himself after they got close to where Akari was. The Kiri ninjas noticed and that's the situation now."

'Sasuke, you have to properly protect Akari or I won't forgive you!'

~Time Skip~

This picture in front of me was like that night. Many thoughts flooded my head but one thought dominated the rest and kept repeating itself.

"Why?"

Sasuke was holding a kunai, Akari was being stabbed in the heart by that very kunai, and Sasuke was... crying?