Chapter 20

Chapter 20: The Star’s Ball

It was already close to the star’s ball. Every invitation was already handout and everyone was finding someone to go with. Manna didn’t care with whom she was going with since she was the main and she didn’t need someone to go with her. Keith didn’t care either so he forget about his pair.

            The day came. Manna wear her most marvelous dress. The dress was kind of like a Japanese ninja girl dress with sleeves that were separate from the dress and there is extra piece of fabric that covers her stomach and make a bow behind her like a kimono. It was comfortable and look pretty good on her. Kim dress was almost a classic Cinderella dress. And Aria dress was a model dress she use to win the Concur. The boys wear a suit.

            Manna decide to make the ball more exciting, so the instructions were that the boys were separated from the girls. The boys were placed in the Ball room waiting for everyone to arrive. When all girls were ready they enter like a model show and Manna was a queen. When everyone was at the stage Manna enter and sit in her throne. Then, she throw some papers in the air and said “put the girl name you think is the most beautiful in the letter, then deposit it in that box,” and she point to the box at the corner and lights show. Then, the light go out and a screen start and showed every girl name. Every time someone put a paper in the box a point was being sum in the machine that read names.

            The winners were Kim and Manna. Manna wasn’t happy with the results, so she make a second game. The game was girl choose who was the most handsome guys. Manna tell the girls to go down and ask the boys to go to the stage. Manna in her queen chair she said “since we got to choose the princes, let’s see who does this princesses dances with, now let’s choose the princes, oh and the princes must dance with the princes” and she throws another package of papers to the air. And starts the screen with the boys’ names. Manna stays sitting there and some girls ask Manna if she was going to participate. Manna respond with no and that she wasn’t interested.

            The winner was announce the princes would be: Keith and Jason. Manna surprise stands up and says “this must be a joke, why did this two person must win.” She sits down with an upset expression. Manna says “Kim, your prince will be Jason. Mine will be Keith” with an unease expression. Manna, Keith, Kim, and Jason danced in the center of the floor, just like two couples. After some minutes of them dancing all the couples join, Manna and Keith stop dancing.

            Manna sat in a chair and ask her mom “why am I so misfortune?” Manna’s mom respond “is great to be young” and walks away. Manna tired goes for a walk and she falls asleep in some stairs outside of the ballroom. Keith walking to the bathroom finds Manna and put his coat in Manna’s back and walk to the bathroom. When Keith return Manna was still there, so Keith sit beside her in case someone might assault her or something like that.

            While Keith is accompanying her Manna moves and falls at Keith shoulders. Keith start blushing and hopes to disappear. Minutes later Keith falls asleep unconsciously leaning at Manna’s direction. Manna’s mom pass through them and sees them together and she takes a photo of them. Then, she walks away. A minute after passes Kim and Jason and they see them together and she decides to take a photo of them, when she press capture Keith wakes up and sees her. Kim smiles and walks away with the photo. Keith wanting to chase her stays there because Manna was sleeping in his shoulders. After Kim walks away Manna wakes up and surprised she says “I’m really sorry I didn’t know you were here,” and she blushes and thanks him and returns to the ballroom.

Keith reacts and goes after Kim. When Keith sees them Jason stops him and says “please, leave my girlfriend alone, and that girl is her best friend don’t ruin her happiness.” Keith says frustrated “I can’t let her show that to Manna, my life is going to get ruin!” Jason asks him “you like her, don’t you?” Keith respond “no, I don’t.” Jason let him pass and thinks “he still don’t know his feelings just like I was before.”

Keith catch Kim and ask her “can you erase that photo?” Kim respond “no! I want to show Manna how cute she look with you!” Keith blushes and takes her phone, and erases the first photo, but he didn’t know she take more than 2 photos, so he return the cellphone and says thank you.

Kim makes a face that says “he likes her, but you’re just an idiot.” And sees her cellphone. And she discovers that he just erase the first photo and not the others. And she mumbles “yep… he is an idiot.” Jason goes to Kim and ask her if he did anything to her and told Jason no.

After Manna return to the ball room, she sits beside Aria and Ethan. Both of them ask them where she was. Manna respond “sleeping.” Manna’s mom comes and take Manna with her and show her the photo and ask her “is this kid your boyfriend, isn’t him the kid of my manager?” Manna blushes when she sees the photo and says “he is not my boyfriend, why would I date that guy, and he is the son of your manager.” Manna’s mom smirk and thinks “this kid will never understand what love is.” Then Manna’s mom ask Manna “do you like him?” Manna respond “tsk… I don’t like him, he is just one of my friends.” Manna mom walks away and head to Keith and ask him “do you like Manna?” Keith respond smiling “I hate her.” Manna’s mom show the photo and ask “what do you think about this?” Keith blush and surprised says “even, if I hate her I would felt bad if someone attack her while she is sleeping.” Manna’s mom goes to her manager and shows the photo to her and ask “what would you think if my daughter start dating your son?” The manager says “I would love it… especially when we become family.” Both of them yell and says “I hope they date soon!”

After that, Manna gives the closing speech and everyone goes home. When Manna was leaving a boy appears. Manna and that boy talks seriously and Keith eavesdrop them.