The Start of Metamorphisis

Cheshire woke up to a loud crash. She made to sit up but ended up bashing her head into a metal panel above her.

The metal wall across from her had a portion that was edged with a filling orange color from the heat of the masked men carrying blowtorches that now entered her cell.

She scrambled to her feet, falling against the wall in the lack of balance that came as she felt the weight of new sensations bloom within her mind.

Air smelled sharper, the scent smoke and fire over taking her senses. The taste of metal, sweat, and fear vying for dominance of her attention. Under her finger tips she could feel the minute scratches in the metal and the imperfections in the welds, something sharp in her nails leaving gouges in the metal ruining whatever comfort she could draw from the smooth metallic panes.

She let out a feral hiss in desperation

The blood in her mouth coming from her sharp teeth that shredded the inside of her mouth as she attempted to form words that would not come. Pleas for help coming out a gargles mess as the blood pooled in her mouth, unused to the daggers now residing within her head.

Blood dripped from her mouth, her pupils slits from fear as more masks entered the room with guns pointed at her frail body.

Her marked hands came up to shield her sensitive eyes unfamiliar eyes from the bright flooding lights on the weapons.

Her cries and whimpers were masked by the shouting of the unfamiliar soldiers, until the familiar voice of Hale pushing his way through the gunmen, why she was here she either could not remember or never knew, along with a few other familiar guards from Belle Reve.

She did not know why all of these new people were here and she did not care as she was carefully covered in a blanket carried by Hale, assurances muttered as she started to succumb to the pain.

Cheshire tried to fight when a black hood was held up by one of the guards but acquiesced, both due to Hale's assurances and weakness from the blood loss.

She as the hood went on her face she saw the silver of a large needle being held by one of the masked men and heard the agrrivated tone held by Hale as he argued with someone she could not see.

She also saw one other thing before she felt the sharp shock of a needle embedding itself in her neck, the cold of something else in her veins, and the lull of unnatural sleep dragging her away.

The twisting flash of teal and and blue fur.