//six//

"amelia, why don't you find yourself a boyfriend instead of interrogating me about my first date?" i ask, chuckling

"amelia, why don't you find yourself a boyfriend instead of interrogating me about my first date?" i ask, chuckling. amelia, sophia, and i are on a skype call, and of course they're asking for every detail.

"because i can't get emotionally attached to anyone." amelia explains.

"can't or don't want to?" sophia raises an eyebrow, and i look at her suspiciously.

"can't." amelia pouts for a second, then breaks into another grin. "i like living vicariously through you guys."

"of course you do."

--

our skype call lasted another hour until sophia's dad asked her to do chores and amelia decided to leave as well. i shut my laptop and push it to the side so i can get up without it falling on the floor.

the sun shines through my window at its midday post in the sky, and i look outside as i ponder. wyatt isn't in his house from what i can see.

i smile to myself as i walk out of my room and towards the doorway, thinking about aidan and i. it was all a blur, really. practically a day dream.

birds chirp loudly as i unconsciously open the front door and lead myself nowhere in particular. it's days like this where i find more appreciation in the things around me.

the almost uncomfortable warm sun, the uneven cracks in the pavement, the seven year old walking his dog... it's all a reminder that everything is okay for a while.

i drag my shoes slightly on the ground, quietly humming a tune and looking at my feet with a shy smile on my face. my mind wanders back to last night...

the feeling of a kiss is so odd – so peculiar. it's unfamiliar even if i've kissed aidan more than a few times. he seemed so gentle... but guided me at the same time.

he respected that i didn't want to go too far, and i'm glad for his thoughtfulness. i can't believe i landed aidan penn, out of all of the boys at our school.

sure, he's got a reputation of a several other girls... but surely he isn't the worst person ever. he's a good guy, and no one understands that.

"good morning." a passing jogger says, as i step out of her way. i just nod with a polite smile in return, and continue walking aimlessly.

the bright blue sky has small clouds scattered across it, and several flocks of birds fly across the open air every now and then.

the fresh air is nice. it's hard to get that when you're locking lips in a movie theatre.

suddenly, i collide with a more buff figure walking towards me, and we both fall backwards after running into each other with a loud thud.

i rub my aching shoulder and look up at the curly headed figure in front of me.

"of fucking course." wyatt says, realizing he ran into me.

"out of everyone in this god forsaken town." i groan, crossing my arms and looking at him.

"just go away." wyatt says, huffing and trying to push past me. however, i stop him and he looks at me with annoyance.

"no." i squint my eyes at him. "you've been a little too friendly with aidan recently. what the hell is up?"

"none of your business." wyatt says stonily. "you wouldn't want me to ruin your boy toy for you anyways." he says, and i scoff.

"he isn't my boy toy! he's my boyfriend if anything." i furrow my eyebrows at him in anger.

"what's the fucking difference?" wyatt throws his hands up in the air. "can i leave?"

"why are you so desperate to leave? is it because you don't have your squad with you? trailing behind your sorry ass like puppies?" i taunt, looking him square in the face.

"no." he says vaguely, shifting his weight and taking a deep breath. "why are you so stubborn and oblivious?"

"hey! i know more than you think i do." i defend myself, and he rolls his eyes at me.

"if you did, you wouldn't be with aidan, and maybe we wouldn't hate each other so much." wyatt shrugs. my eyes widen momentarily before i squint again.

"i wouldn't hate you any less." i take a step closer to him.

"you know what?" wyatt says, taking an intimidating step closer as well.

"what?" i ask, looking up at him.

"with everything in me... i hate you octavia harris." wyatt says, taking an even bigger step towards me. i step closer to him and our noses are almost touching as i look up into his eyes.

"prove it." i say, leaning so close to him that i can feel his breath fanning my face. we stay that way for a moment, our faces close together and our gazes locked, but then wyatt steps back before shoving past me.

i jam my hands in my pocket and walk the opposite way angrily, unable to get those stormy eyes out of my mind for the whole day.

-

im sorry im sorry im sorry im sorry im sorry im sorry im sorry im sorry im sorry im sorry im sorry im sorry im sorry im sorry im sorry im sorry

okay but im gonna try to update again bc ik this chapter is extremely short but ILY ALL AND I CAME BACK TO SO MANY NICE NOTIFS THANK YOU!!

one of us has started high school while the other has started moving...

so thats why our updates are slow and we're on a temporary break

DUDE WE SUCK IMS ORRY