Chapter 19 Sage's P.O.V.

Sorry that this is so late readers, i have become discouraged as of late, and without much hope this story continues...

comments are better than Slow Deaths (the drink)

votes are better than living in NYC

Thanks for all the support, and encouragement :D :D :D

======================================================

REcap: "Two slow deaths," I muttered, setting them on the table slowly so as not to spill them. Crazy guy noticed the slowness of my movements I assumed, since he grabbed my hand...AGAIN!

"You know, I didn't catch your name when you said it before sweetheart, and-"

"Holy boob sex! Schuyler?"

I stiffened as the sound of that voice, that deep, smooth, sensuous voice that made me a little angry and slightly happy at the same time, made me exasperated yet invigorated, weary yet wide awake.

Shit.

SAGE'S POV :)

Why did I agree to meet with my enemy, my nemesis, the bane of my existence? Because I was angry, bored, and had nothing better to do.

Sad excuses really. Maybe I was curious as to what he had been up to, curious as to why he summoned me, or just plain curious. Or maybe I was fucked up. Either way, tonight would be interesting. Especially since he had deemed this night club, Pandemonium, a proper middle ground. It's bright pulsating lights, darkly hypnotic trance music, drunken customers, and low lit atmosphere seemed to dull my senses, making me less alert, less aware. Exactly his plan, no doubt.

I approached the hostess, aware of all the people I was cutting in front of, and leaned lightly on her podium while flashing my most confident smirk.

"Excuse me miss, reservation under Blackthorn?" I asked, spitting out Darken's last name with a bitter sense of hate, of disgust. It may have dimmed my charm just a smidge.

"Sir, I don't know whether you noticed how many people you just cut in front of but-"

I grabbed her hand softly in mine, gently rubbing my thumb across it in circles while her cheeks lit up the tiniest amount, red flitting across her face before it disappeared beneath the colored lights.

"I'm sorry, I was too distracted there lovely, mainly by yourself but if you could please help me out?" I continued in a smooth, low voice while winking slowly, aware of how her palm started sweating slightly in mine. This was just too easy.

"O-o-oh, well your party is seated behind the first bend over there," she shakily said, pointing me in the right direction, "and I hope your evening is enjoyable, sir."

"Yeah, me too," I muttered sarcastically, ignoring the taken back look that was set on her face.

Dodging drunken dancers, I made my way back towards where the hostess had directed me, trying not to think about what I had nagging my mind for what seemed like forever. Her.

I mean, why should I worry myself over the actions of some stupid girl? I shouldn't that's why, and I wouldn't. Yeah.

But what the fuck? I was never actually, truthfully, 100% honest with anyone ever, and I had been about to tell her my past? The past that few knew about, and those who did knew to keep their dirty mouths shut?

I needed sleep, I needed to stop the medications, and I needed to sleep. I needed a fucking cigarette, that was what I needed.

Sensing something darkly sick, like a festering wound, my eyes snapped upon Darken who was clutching some poor girl's hand while staring at her like she was a piece of meat. Knowing him, he thought she was, and I would have to keep an eye on whoever it was to make sure he didn't lure her away into some dark alley to have his way with her like numerous other times. Rape, and another death was not what I needed on my nonexistent conscience right now.