Anatomy of a Murderer

"So, what? You were going to just leave without a goodbye?"

Mickey spots Jughead outside of the bus station leaning on the brick wall. As soon as she gets closer, she notices his puffy eyes. "So, what? You were going to just leave without a goodbye?" The last thing he probably needs is for her to be aggravated with him, but he was going to leave!

"I got this stupid ticket," Jughead holds it up. "It was for Toledo, but then..." his eyes well up, "I changed it to Florida."

Mickey snatches the ticket out of his hand and rips it to shreds with no hesitation. "You're not going. Foot me the bill."

"My Mom doesn't want me there anyway," he whispers. He squeezes his eyes shut to stop himself from crying and bangs his head against the wall angrily.

 He squeezes his eyes shut to stop himself from crying and bangs his head against the wall angrily

Mickey takes his hand. "Come on. Let's go."

The two end up at Pop's, considering it's one of the very few places opened this late.

Mickey slides her place of fries over to him, hoping it'll cheer him up a little, but he doesn't even look at them.

Jughead just leans his head against the windows dejectedly without saying a word. When his phone rings, he slides it on the table over to her.

She scrolls through his missed calls. There are a bunch from Betty, Archie, and, surprisingly, Veronica. Mickey turns the phone off and looks at him. "Tonight you told me I couldn't run away from my problems and now you're running away from yours. You ever heard practice what you teach?"

He faces her. "My Dad was arrested for murder tonight. I think that gives me a pass."

The bells chime by the door.

"There they are," Veronica points to the table Mickey and Jughead are sitting at. She, Betty, and Archie go over to Mickey and Jughead. "What're you doing here, Mick?"

Mickey glances at Jughead.

Betty sits next to him. "We're so sorry about everything."

"Juggy, we screwed up. We all did," Archie glances at Veronica, who nods in agreement. "Breaking into your Dad's trailer was wrong, but at least some good came out of it."