The Wicked and the Divine

"

"...Every action has a reaction and my Dad doesn't want me to have anything to do with you."

"Just because we're twins doesn't mean we have to wear matching dresses, Veronica."

Veronica shrugs, admiring herself in the mirror. "Whatever. It's your loss anyway. Look how cute my dress is."

Mickey does a quick spin to show off her own beautiful dress. "Who's really losing?"

The door opens and Archie walks in. He has been running in and out of the Pembrooke ever since he started his internship with Hiram.

Veronica swirls around to face her boyfriend and her eyes light up solely because of the way he's looking at her

"Ronnie..." he says, breath clearly taken.

"I guess I'm chopped liver when standing beside your precious Veronica," Mickey teases him. She kicks off her shoes and steps away from the mirror.

He snaps out of it and clears his throat, smiling at Mickey. "You look awesome too."

"I know."

"That hem's high enough, Terry," Hermione tells the girls' aunt-slash-dress designer as they walk into the room. "It's a confirmation, not a sock-hop."

Mickey's phone rings, so she moves past Archie and answers the phone without reading the Caller ID. "Hello?"

"Come over. Quick. It's an emergency!" Betty says into the phone.

"What? What happened?" The line goes dead. "I have to go," Mickey tells the four of them. "Can we finish this up later?" This is addressed to her aunt.

"Where are you going?" Veronica questions. "Who was that?"

"It was Betty."

Veronica quirks an eyebrow. "You two have been friendly lately. How does that work considering you're in love with her boyfriend?" There's a slight joking nature in her voice.