Chapter Thirty-Two

“I asked, what is going on here?” Lawson repeats when all of us just continue to stand there and stare at him as if we didn't hear his question, the reason, I am assuming, he repeated his question.

Rachel takes advantage of none of saying anything and pushes past all of us, even me causing Lawson to snarl at her, before latching to Lawson's side. Lawson looks down at her with a glare, but Rachel doesn't seem to care.

“They were being mean to my friends and me. I was just trying to tell them that they didn't have to be so rude.” Rachel lies as she rubs her hand up and down Lawson's arm. My eyes widen when I notice he hasn't pushed her away from him yet, and his eyebrows raise as if he is listening to her words and taking them seriously.

“Listen here, you conniving little bitch! I'm not going to let you walk all over my brother because he is too shy to protect himself from people like you! If Lawson hasn't walked in here I would have you shaking with fear as I pummel my fist into your face!” Rachel gasp as she cowers into Lawson's side, who I now notice is leaning away from Rachel's touch and more towards me. I have to hide my smile behind my hand, but Rachel still sees it and her face lights up in rage.

“See! The slut is laughing at the idea of me getting beat up by his sister! He should be thrown out of the pack before he kills us all.” Rachel screeches. I see Lawson body freeze up, I'm not even sure that he is breathing with how still his body is.

Rachel too, seems to see the mistake she has made and is instantly a blubbering mess, trying to plead with Lawson that she was only mad and didn't really mean it, that she was only mad that everyone was making fun of her, when all of us in the room knew she really meant what she said about me.

“What did you say about my mate?” Lawson tone is even, and I know that is worse then him yelling. He is trying to bottle up his emotions. But I know he is going to break in a few seconds if he doesn't get the answer that he wants, and knowing Rachel and her conniving ways, she won't say the right thing, which is the truth.

“I didn't mean it, you have to beleive me, I didn't mean anything by it.” I wince when I hear her answer. She didn't answer correctly and she lied to Lawson. I bring my hands up to my ears and close my eyes, I don't want to see my mate in the way he is about to act.

The whole things last five minutes, and when Lawson is done losing himself in his anger, I feel his soft, gentle, and large hands grab my own. I open my eyes and look up into Lawson's, knowing he is deliberately making them soften as he looks at me, he thinks I'm mad at him for what he did, but I'm not. I know he loves me, I know he won't hurt me, but he is the alpha, and if someone needs to be put in place, he will put them in their place.

I look around the room and see it is just the two of us in the room, the others must have been scared off by the way Lawson was acting, even Savanna, who acts tough but I know would never disobey another Alpha after living her life raised by alphas.

“I'm sorry if I was scaring you, but I needed her to learn that she cannot disrespect you. She needs to learn that she will never be allowed in my bed, let alone my room. I love you, Sven. I don't love her, and she needed to get out of her fantasy that we would end up together someday.” I smile at Lawson before reaching up and pecking his lips quickly.

“You didn't scare me, I just didn't want to hear or see you that way. I know you needed to do it, you are the alpha and you need to show her her place, but that doesn't team I want to see you that way. I love you too, I'm sorry I didn't tell you about her being mean to me even though you told me to.” Lawson smiles back and me before pulling me into another kiss, this one longer and filled with a lot more emotions.

“I'm not mad for that. I'm just glad that you didn't get hurt in all of this.” I smile at Lawson before tugging on his arm slightly.

“Come on, I want to cuddle.” Lawson laughs but follows me to our room anyway. I felt secure cuddled up next to him, and that's what I needed after a day like today.