Chapter Thirty-Nine

“I don't want to leave.” Is the first thing that comes out of my mouth after Lawson and I have laid down in bed for the night. It had been a tiring day and we had decided to go to be a little earlier than we normally do.

“I'm not forcing you to go anywhere.” Lawson speaks softly, almost so softly I wonder if I am talking to the same man as my strong Alpha mate. Of course, I know my mate can be sweet, but I've never heard him speak in such a tone.

“I want to be closer to my dad, and my brothers and sister, but I don't want to leave you, and you can't leave the pack. Even a day away from you would be too much.” I see Lawson's white teeth gleam in the darkness as he smiles down at me. We have never been squeamish in our declarations of love, but every time I say something if the such to Lawson, he acts as if it is the first time I have ever said it. It makes my stomach flip in amazing ways.

“I don't want to be away from you either, but you are right, I wouldn't be able to leave for a long period of time. I could leave for a few days, but no more than a week, and I don't know how much binding you could do during that time.” I smile up at Lawson, happy about the fact that he would come with me if he could, even if it is only a few days.

“I have to do this by myself.” I say softly, my heart breaking a little bit for each word I say. “I'll only be gone for a month at the most, but I feel as if I need to do this.” I see Lawson's smile waver, his teeth hiding from view, but then his smile turns more loving, one that I know would keep me awake at night while I am away from him.

“I'll support you in anything that you want to do. I'll always be here waiting for you to come back.” I lean forward and connect our lips together. I know that I'll miss Lawson, he is my mate, I will always yearn for him, but this moment together will make it so much easier to be away.

I never feared that Lawson would be with someone else while I am gone, but just the fact that he said he would wait for me makes my stomach flip again. I don't know what I did to get a mate like him.

“Make love to me Lawson, so I'll know who I belong to when I am away.” I whisper into Lawson's ear as I pull away from his lips. I feel and hear Lawson's growl before I am being flipped over onto my back. I laugh as we roll around on the bed, trying to get the upper hand on each other, eventually I let Lawson dominate me, I don't think I would ever be able to dominate a person like Lawson, or anyone for the matter.

All night Lawson shows me who I belong to, and I know that I'll never be able to forget this moment, not even after all of the days of being away from him.