You Promised (SteveXTony)

Steve promised he would return home...

___________________________________________________________________________

"Hi, this is Steven Rogers. Please leave a message-"

"Pick up your phone, Steve." Tony ordered as he sat on his knees in their bedroom, holding the mobile phone to his ear. Why wouldn't he just answer his goddamn phone? Tony's bottom lip quivered. "I said pick up your bloody phone." Silence met him at the other end, not surprisingly. Tony shrugged slightly. "Alright. If you don't answer I'll kill you." he tried to threaten his husband. "You said you wouldn't leave me," he whispered, "you said you wouldn't ever fucking leave me."

Tony squeezed his eyes closed and a tear escaped, trickling down his pale face. "Are you having fun up there?" he snapped. "Can you even see me down here?" he choked out. "You promised me, Steve," he mumbled, remembering that morning in their bed before Steve had to leave for the mission. "you promised me that you were going to..." his hands shook and his heart ached. "...come home..."

He could still feel the presence of the older man. "You need to come home, baby." he sobbed, "you need to come home to me, Steve! You said you would!" he cried out. "You said that everything would be OK, that you would never leave..."

"I hate you, Steve." he cursed. "I fucking hate you." tears poured down his face, knowing that what he was saying were lies. He just couldn't take it. This couldn't be reality.

His hand, occupied by the phone dropped to his lap and his head fell forward, like a dead weight, "Steve..."

___________________________________________________________________________

Just a quick thing I thought up. I know it's crap but I was almost crying while writing it...I really love Stony and Superhusbands, Don't judge me!