.:4:.

"Wait"

I stopped.

The voice was familiar, but one that had never been directed to me, sounding rather odd in my ears. I turned slowly, facing the person who had prevented my exit, the familiar duo tone hair caught my attention right, red overlapping white down the middle and stone cold heterochromic eyes bore into mine. For a reason unbeknownst to me, I felt a twinge of fear pinch at my nerves, perhaps from the serious furrow in his brows, or the lack of emotion that swam in his eyes.

"Todoroki?" I mumbled under my breath "did you need something?" my hands moved to clutch the strap of my book bag tightly, my throat tightening as I struggled to gulp out of nervousness.

His eyes lingered on mine for a moment, scanning my face for something I couldn't name, before lowering to my left arm, the pink plaster visible through the open half of my sleeve.

"Why are you here?" his words shocked me, brows furrowing I clutched my bag tighter "I don't und--"

"Is it worth it?" he cut me off "to be here at the cost of your own skin? You can't tell me that it's worth it" Todoroki's brows were furrowed and it was then I knew he wasn't asking out of spite, not asking to harm me in any way, but out of pure curiosity.

At the discovery, I could feel my tense muscles relax and a breath I didn't even know I had been holding slipped from my lips heavily. The corners of my lips tugged up in amusement and I let a quiet, breath filled laugh escape my lips "it is worth it" I spoke up, shoulders dropping as I relaxed. Stepping towards him, I ripped the plaster off of my unmarked skin, barely flinching as I felt the pain of hairs pulling away along with the sticker.

Holding out my hand, I watched as the plaster rose, floating perfectly still in the air, slowly folding on itself my smile grew. The plaster had folded and stuck to itself until it had managed to form a minuscule origami crane.

My eyes flickered up from the origami crane to the male in front of me, his eyes were glued onto the crane as the small folded wings began to flap slowly and with a gentle push of my finger it was slowly, gracefully flying around the room, spinning in circles, gliding up and down and circling the room.

"If my pain means someone can be saved then it will always be worth it" I spoke up, Todoroki tore his eyes away from the crane to look towards me. Reaching out, I took hold of his right hand and held it out, palm up, the crane flew over, landing on his palm and going limp as I dropped all control on it.

I released his hand, pushing his fingertips to push the plaster closer to his person before stepping back "I'm doing this for the people who can't do it for themselves, and if that hurts me, then so be it, it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make to become a hero". Pulling the strap higher on my shoulder, I flashed the male a brief smile "well I have to get home, was that all?".

Todoroki's expression was somewhat confused, obviously still going over my words in his head, different pigmented eyes glaring down at the ground in hard thought "then..." I trailed off to catch his attention. Shoulders jumping the slightest inch at my voice, he rose his head to stare up at me "I'll see you tomorrow?" I offered, head tilting to the side as I waited for his response.

"Yeah, tomorrow" he agreed, bowing his head. Smile widening, I mirrored the action, bowing my head, turning on my heel and jogging out of the room.

--

Chop sticks in hand, I pushed and prodded and the food on my plate as my parents chatted on happily about their day, their pride over my first day and their excitement for the day to come. My explanation of the day passed was brief, lacking in details, not because I found my day uninteresting, nor because I didn't trust my parents, simply because I wished the excitement drumming through me over my first day to stay my own.