.:14:.

Phase 1 came quicker than I found myself ready for.

The description of the challenge sounded, with respect, much easier than I had anticipated. Though of course knowing priniciple Nezu and his rather sadistic tendencies, I knew it had bound to be rougher than it seemed.

An obstacle course was the first challenge, who ever reached the finish line first, wins. Quirks were allows, whatever means to get you to the finish line so long as no one was purposefully injured for personal gain. A mix of the many classes which had applied to the sports festival stood at in the corridor underneath the stadium, staring out into the arena, waiting for when the horn would sound and the race would start.

It was stuffy, tight packed and very uncomfortable, the sounds of the overlapping conversations echoing through the hallway. I took a deep breath, shifting as I tried to avoid skin contact with the sweaty students around me. It felt like thousands of ants biting at my skin right under the epidermis, my throat and chest tightening and squeezing around my airways.

I took slow and steady breaths, willing myself to stay calm, this wasn't a dangerous situation, these were people who wouldn't hurt me, they're only kids. As I was lost inside my own head, a brief wash of blissful cold air wifted towards him, I took a shuddering breath, the fire ants under my skin freezing and melting away. I looked to the source of my saving cold breeze, heterochromatic eyes were locked on mine.

"Are you okay?"

Todoroki whispered, voice low and calm, a stark relief compared to the loud buzzing of the student body around us.

My lips parted to answer, but as of yet, I found myself unable to trust my voice.

"You looked like you were panicking"

I took a shaky breath and looked towards the male "thank you Todoroki" I whispered "you really saved me" I smiled sheepishly up at the males face. Ash brown and blue glanced between my eyes, taking in my anxious appearance before he nodded, seemingly satisfied with that answer.

There were no more chances for words to be exchanged, the sound of the microphone screeching through the speakers as it began broadcasted, sounded over head. The hurried chatting of the student body silencing within moments, Present Mic's voice coming through loud and clear.

"Alright, alriiiiight!" he spoke loud into his microphone, voice laced with excitement about the events that were about to go down.

"Section 1 of Phase 1, here we goooo! READY?!"

I steeled my nerves, taking deep, controlled breaths, in through the nose and out through the mouth. This wasn't going to be as easy as it looked, not at UA high, I needed to think of a game plan and quick. With my quirk, slowing down to get hurt would cost me a place in the final, I'd need to be careful and strategic with things or it would have an effect on my all out score. For now, I'd trust the other many students, roaring to go to clear a path for me, and then, I'd step up to the plate.

"STAAAAAAART!!"

Immediately students were rushing forward, the small opening to the arena too narrow to fit all of us rushing at once. I let out a grunt as I was squished between bustling students. The dense air grew a chilling cold within seconds, the sounds of crackling ice drawing my attention to the front. Todoroki was in the lead, coating the ground in a thick layer of ice of which he easily slid upon to put him in first place.