doorbell

"Who on Earth could that be?" Estella inquired

James lifted himself off of Estella and slowly sauntered towards the door. If it was who he thought it was, he was in trouble. His sock feet slid across the hardwood floor as he cautiously creaked open the door.

"Congratulations!" two voices shrieked.

James cringed at the loud noise and took an involuntary step backwards. After a moment of recuperating he smiled warmly at his two friends. He didn't even hear Estella walk up behind him.

"Mason? Slivko?" Estella shouted in excitement.

She sprinted forward and embraced the two friends. Estella was at a loss for words as she looked between the two of them.

"What are you two doing here?" Estella inquired.

"What do you mean what are we doing here? James invited us for your wedding!" Mason answered.

James' face went a stark shade of white as Estella's mouth dropped open. Her head spun with conflicting thoughts.

"What wedding? What wedding are they talking about James?" Estella said pointedly.

James nervously rubbed the back of his neck.

"I haven't exactly proposed yet guys," he said specifically to Slivko and Mason.

Estella grew even more confused. She rubbed her temples and looked between the three of them.

"What is going on?" Estella inquired.

James sighed and slipped his hand into his back pocket. A shiny velvet ring box was nestled into his hand.

"I was meaning to do something a little more romantic but I'll just wing it," James explained and sank down onto one knee.

He opened the box and a sparkling diamond looked back at Estella. Estella's hand immediately jumped to cover her mouth that was wide open in surprise.

"Shut up," Estella breathed, "This is not happening."

"Estella Louisa Moran, you have made me possibly one of the most happiest and luckiest men on the face of the Earth. Even in our time of darkness on that wretched island, you still managed to shine as bright as the sun. You've taught me things I could've never even hoped to learn. You've shown me things I could've never even hoped to see. You've loved me more than anyone has ever loved me. Now, as we stand here in front of her our two best friends and in our home that we created together. Will you do me the honour and marry me?" James asked.

Estella couldn't get the words out and decided to nod enthusiastically instead. Slivko and Mason cheered as Estella leapt into James' arms.

It's finished! I'm a little sad but also excited that I completed it. Thank you all for the reads, comments, and votes! They mean so much to me.

With great love,
Em 💙