Chapter 14

"Aly, wake up."

I groan in response, burying my face in what I assumed to be my pillow. Whatever it was, was pulled from my grasp and the sheet I was wrapped in was unraveled, leaving me facing the cold air of my apartment.

Note to self, don't sleep half naked in the winter.

"Get up."

I crack open one eye, trying to see who is looming overtop of me, but having just woken up on top of being half-blind, everything was blurry.

"F-ck off."

I'm met with a kick to my side and the stranger receives a glare in return.

"Kick me again and you're dead."

I slightly notice the same foot coming for my side again, so I grab their leg, sweeping it out from under them. Trapping them on the floor with my legs on each side of their small body, I place my hand around their neck to keep them still.

"How did you find me?"

"If anyone knows how to find you-"

"It'd be your best friend. Yeah, I get it. Did you not listen to me?"

Letting my eyes slowly adjust, I see green eyes looking right back into me.

"If I was the one who turned you in, would I be here alone? Unarmed?"

I look at my friend with suspicion. Standing up, I pull her with me and start frisking her.

"Whoa, hey!"

"Being cautious."

Patting down her sides, I stand straight up and never waver my stare. Pointing towards her shirt,

"Shirt. Off."

"What?"

"You heard me. Off."

"Aly-"

I groan in annoyance, pulling her shirt halfway off of her body, checking for a wire.

"What the f-ck!"

I pull her shirt back down, flopping back into my couch and turning the tv on.

"I was just looking."

"That's not creepy, Aly."

"Don't flatter yourself, Sheriff. I was checking for a wire."

"Seriously? I told you-"

"Yeah, that you didn't turn me in. So who did? Roy?"

I scoff, shaking my head,

"Roy is harmless. You're the Sheriff. Put yourself in my shoes and tell me who sounds more guilty."

I hear her sigh in defeat as she lifts up my legs and sits on the other end of the couch, placing my legs onto her lap. I turn on the television to let the awkward silence be filled with some form of noise. Sneaking glances at the traitor on my couch, she's the first one to break.

"You know I didn't do it."

I scoff,

"Really? I do?"

"I have never turned on you in our lives, Alyson. Why would I now?"

"Because I'm killing people?"