A Werewolf, a Fairy, and a Psychic Walk Into a Bar

Monday

I let out a happy sigh as I walked into Home Cookin, the best (and only) restaurant in Midnight, that doubles as a bar. I smiled at Melanie as I made my way to the back room where the Midnighters sat. She smiled back, but it quickly turned to a frown as she saw the three men trailing me. Oh yes, how could I forget the three gorgeous, supernatural men behind me?

I slumped into one of the booths, and made a motion for the three men to sit. Victor slid in next to me, while Kota and North sat across from me. "So..." I started, a nervous grin on my face. "Where should we start?"

"What the hell were you talking to, Sang?" North exploded, his dark brows furrowing. I flinched at the loud noise, my head starting to pound again, wishing I had remembered my painkillers. 

"My dead grandma," I said rather bluntly. "I told you I was a medium? And when were you three going to tell me you weren't the Scooby Gang, but rather the Things That Go Bump in the Night TM instead?" I accused, and despite the circumstances, a smile flicked across Kota's face.

"Well-" Kota started, but we were interrupted by Sally, the waitress, coming up to us.

"Hiya Sang! Who are your friends?" Sally asked, a predatory smile on her face. Sally was a succubus, a type of demony-vampirey Oddity shit that drained the sexual energy from their victims. And, from the glint in her eye, she was sizing up my three new, weird-ass friends as her next meal.

"Oh, shove it, Sal, they're not interested in becoming your next sex bag," I snapped, and her blue eyes went hard. "I'll take my usual and a glass of water, and get these three whatever beer you have on tap. And we'll take the loaded nachos," Sally snarled at me, but took our order, before sashaying back to the counter, her blonde hair bouncing. The three guys looked at me with confusion in their eyes, but I waved my hand. "Succubus bitch. Now, what were you going to say?" I asked, changing the topic quickly. 

Kota exchanged a glance with Victor, before he started talking. "Well, we were going to wait until we knew whether you were legit or not," he explained, and I nodded. It made sense, especially because they were creatures modern society wouldn't take nicely to. Mediums, like me, on the other hand, are a dime a dozen. 

"Makes sense," I replied, as Sally set our drinks down in front of us. I took a large gulp out my hard cider, and let out a happy sigh. "So, what are you guys exactly?" I asked, once Sally was out of ear shot. 

"Well, I'm basically an energy reader," Victor began, his fingers tapping out a beat on his glass of beer. "I can read people's auras, their life force basically, and it tells me how they're feeling, their health, etcetera. And I can also tell if someone is of the supernatural variety from their energy."

"Sounds badass," I commented, and Victor smiled, his fire eyes blazing. "So, what did you sense when you walked into my house?"

Victor's eyes darkened, and his grip tightened on his glass. "Evil," he said darkly, and a shiver ran up my spine. "I sensed some spirits that didn't mean any harm, but it was drowned at by this evil, dark energy that made my skin crawl."

"I felt that too," Kota added, and North scowled, and muttered something under his breath. "Even though I'm not an energy reader like Vic, or a medium like you, but there was something there that didn't like us being there. What about you, North?"

"I'm not any type of psychic shit like you three," North said, and Kota opened his mouth to protest, but North cut him off with a glare. "But my wolf didn't like it. It felt... unnatural."

"So you are a werewolf," I replied, and North barked out a laugh. 

"That's what you get from our stunning revelations?" North teased, and I shrugged, a small smile playing on my lips. "Yeah, I am," he answered, taking a drink from his glass. "We've got two other weres on our team, and we're like a mini pack."

"Do you guys, like, howl at the moon or some shit?" I teased, and he glared at me.

"I'm not going to dignify that question with an answer," he rumbled, and I giggled, taking another sip of my hard cider. Sally came back, and our conversation ceased as she set a steaming plate of loaded nachos on the table. My mouth watered, and it was then I realized I hadn't eaten all day. Linda kept reminding me, and had even offered to run out and get me something, but between my constant headache and equally constant paranoia and nervousness, I hadn't been hungry. 

"Thank God," I mumbled, heaping a giant portion onto my plate. North's nostrils flared, his mouth set in a straight line. "What's wrong?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. 

"North's a bit of a health freak," Victor explained, getting himself a plate. 

"Ahh," I replied, my mouth full of delicious, delicious nachos. "More for me then," I joked, winking at North. North sighed, before reluctantly getting himself a plate. We all sat in comfortable silence for a few minutes, enjoying our meal. "So, Kota. You're a fairy, right? Do you those wings and little-pointed ears? Do you go dancing in the nude  under a full moon?"

Kota choked on a mouthful, and North thumped him on the back. Victor chuckled, and sent me a blazing smile. "No, I do not do those things," Kota breathed, his voice hoarse. 

"Too bad," I murmured. "I would have enjoyed seeing you in the nude." 

This time it was North who choked, and Victor thumped him. Kota blushed beet red, and I winked at him. "So if you don't do those things, what do you do, my dear Kota?"

"Well," he cleared his throat, his face still a dark red. "Because I'm half Fae, I have a faster metabolism and healing time, along with faster reflexes. I'm also a Dream Walker, and I can influence other people's thoughts, and those two things are specific to me, not the Fae as a whole."

"Wow," I said, blinking up at my three Scooby Bastards. "You guys are a lot cooler than me."

~~~

After finishing our meal (and fending off another attack by Sally), I stumbled outside, both the sleep deprivation, caffeine crash, and alcohol making me woozy. "Soooo..." I said, once we were out in the (still hot) night air. "Where are you guys staying tonight?"

"We booked a hotel in Bellingham," Victor replied, as we made our way to their car. "You're sleeping at your friend's house, right?"

I snorted and rolled my eyes. "Staying awake in fear more like it," I muttered, kicking a rock. 

"Sang," Kota said softly,  putting a gentle hand on my shoulder. "You've got nothing to be afraid, alright? This ghost, demon, whatever the hell it is has nothing on us and our team, okay?" Kota's green eyes were sincere, and for the first time in a week, I felt safe

I let out a deep breath, and smiled weakly. "Thanks, Kota," I murmured. "I'll see you guys tomorrow, okay? We've got some work to do."

AN: Thank you all so much for the continued love and support (and sorry for a slower and smaller chapter)! Next week, in "The Gang's All Here", we meet the rest of the Scooby Doo bastards!!