The Gang's All Here

Tuesday

I woke up to someone banging on my door. I groggily sat up, rubbing at my eyes, hoping the banging would stop. It didn't. "Hold up!" I called, my voice scratchy and low. I clumsily got up, tripping over clothes and shoes on the ground, along with the love of my life, my cat Nicodemus. 

He meowed, weaving in between my legs, wanting to be picked up. "Ahhh, baby," I cooed, picking him up and burying my face in his soft gray fur. He purred, licking my cheek lovingly. The banging started again and I groaned. "Hold the fuck up!" I shouted, my grip tightening on Nicodemus. I stomped to the door and threw it open. "What the hell do you want?"

To my surprise, on the other side of the door stood Kota, North, and Victor, various expressions of surprise on their faces. "Good morning?" Kota said weakly, his green eyes wide behind his glasses. "We brought coffee?"

"Oh,"  I said softly, squinting at them in the early morning light. "Come on in," I invited, stomping back into Fiji's house, Nic purring contentedly in my arms. 

"Were you asleep?" Victor asked, following me into the kitchen. "We didn't mean to wake you."

"No problem," I replied, yawning. I sat Nic down on the floor, feeding him a can of cat food. "What time is it anyway?" I asked, sitting down at the dining table. Kota sat next to me, and handed me one of those extremely unhealthy, but delicious, refrigerable Starbucks Frappuccinos. I smiled my thanks, and cracked it open. 

"Nine thirty," North replied, eyeing my coffee with disgust. 

I raised an eyebrow, taking a drink. "You're shitting me," I exclaimed in surprise, and North let out a snort, shaking his head. "Well, I guess I'm not going into work today."

"You slept past your alarm?" Victor questioned curiously, sitting on the ground next to Nic and gently petting him. 

"I think Fiji turned it off," I said happily, a smile spreading across my face. "What are you guys doing here anyway?" I asked, taking another sip of my coffee.

"The rest of our team got here this morning, and we wanted to go out to breakfast so we can think up a game plan," Kota explained, the steam from his coffee fogging up his glasses. 

"I could eat," I replied, slamming back the rest of my coffee. I stood up and stretched, smiling at them. "Well, let's go!"

All three of them froze, staring at me. North's eyes darkened, and he muttered something under his breath, rubbing at his cheeks. Kota turned red, his mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water. Victor froze, his hand resting on Nic's head, his eyes erupting with fire. "What's wrong?" I snapped, crossing my arms impatiently. 

"Sang, Baby, are you sure you want to go out in that?" North rumbled, his eyes trailing up and down my legs. 

"What the hell are you talk-" I started, before I realized what I was wearing. Or, more accurately, what I was not wearing. Because I still couldn't go into my house to get any of my clothes and any I did have were in the dryer, Fiji had let me borrow one of her big shirts from college. And that's what I was wearing. All of what I was wearing. So when I stretched, I showed off my itty-bitty, Scooby Doo underwear to three incredibly attractive men. "Oh," I squeaked out, my cheeks heating up. "I-I'm just going to go change," I stuttered out, before running out of Fiji's kitchen and into the guest room. 

I slammed the door shut, my cheeks feeling like they were on fire. "Well, fuck me backwards and call me Sally," I breathed, hitting myself on my head. "I'm such a god damn idiot."

I threw Fiji's shirt off and pulled on a black bralette, throwing on a black crop top that read "I Want To Believe", with a little alien on the right breast. I stepped into a pair of high-waisted olive green shorts before walking into the attached bathroom.