Prologue

During nighttime of the darkest night in Pyhrria in a thousand years, two dragons were sitting underneath the stars, bathed in fading moonlight. One had scales that simmered strangely in the lighting, and the other had scales as dark as the night itself. The couple stared at a clutch of four different colored eggs bathed in faint moonlight. Three had cracks going down the sides, but one was completely smooth and flawless.

"I know it's tonight, I can feel it." Queen Glory said anxiously, her ruff flattening with nerves. She paced in circles around the nest the eggs lay in.

"I know, I know, you keep telling me." Deathbringer said with a smirk, looking at his wife. Glory, acting uncharacteristic, didn't give him a snarky response and instead stared at the clutch of eggs intensely.

"I shouldn't be this nervous." Glory commented. "We've had two other hatchings that have turned out fine. But for some reason, I feel like something tonight will affect the entire world forever."

Deathbringer chose to not say anything and the couple stared at their eggs in silence.

Leading up to midnight, three of the four eggs hatched, revealing two males and one female, who they named Shadow, Vine, and Lilac respectively. Deathbringer held each one of them in both of his talons and hugged them to give them warmth as they squeaked tiredly.

Still, the last egg was motionless.

"Deathbringer," Glory whispered with tears in her eyes. "I think this one is stillhatched."

"I know." Deathbringer said quietly as he stared at his and Glory's creation, the other three dragonets sleeping in his talons.

The egg still remained unresponsive.

Then, just when they were ready to give up hope, at exactly midnight, when the three moons had reached their darkest, when the light they normally gave was completely dark, the egg began to glow a magenta violet.

It started out very faint, to where they couldn't notice, but in a few minutes, the egg had reached a level of brightness that was as near blinding as purple could get. The two dragons stared in awe at the egg as large starburst cracks made their way down the eggshell. With a quiet crack, the eggshell fell away to reveal a tiny dragonet.

She was a female, they could tell. She was very beautiful, looking completely a NightWing in body. Her scales were raven black and her belly was a deep indigo violet color. Her large eyes were vibrant emerald green. She stared up at her parents and fell over backwards with a squawk as she tilted her head up.

She sat back up on her haunches, and, to her parent's amusement, tilted her head and squeaked curiously.

Awestruck, Glory picked up her youngest daughter with gentle talons and felt a faint almost hum feeling, if such a feeling existed, but she didn't take much notice. The dragonet looked into her mother's eyes and their gazes locked on each other. The dragonet tilted her head again and leaned into her mother's warm embrace.

"Dawn," Glory said softly. "Your name is Dawn. You'll be the beginning of something great, I know. I believe in you."

Dawn stared at her mother with an odd expression. She looked almost hungry. Not for food, but for something beyond her reach right now. But not to worry, someday she would be ready for whatever awaited her in the future.

Deathbringer let his eyes fall on his youngest dragonet, and she looked over to him too and gazed at him with a similar expression. She hopped from Glory's talon to Deathbringer's, and when she sat comfortably, she squeaked in satisfaction.

"She's claimed us." Deathbringer said with immense amusement, his eyes twinkling with laughter. Glory smiled at him.

"Of course she has, she's our daughter." She told him.

"She's precious." Deathbringer cooed.

"She is." Glory agreed. "And I have a feeling. Something deep inside of me says that this dragonet will have a great destiny."

Hope that wasn't too bad. Anyway, don't forget to vote and comment!

SalixEnder03