7: Grocery Shopping

"Jacob?" The girl says. "My ex boyfriend?"

"Your ex boyfriend? I saw you at the foodcourt with him a few weeks ago!" I half-yelled at her. People passing by started to stare at us.

"Um, yeah. He broke up with me a few days after that. Wait, did you say he was your ex boyfriend?" The girl was bewildered and didn't understand what was going on. "Um, can you please stop crying?"

Kendall pulls a handkerchief out of her bag and gives it to me so I can wipe my face. "Did you know that Jacob was dating my best friend?" Kendall asks the girl.

The girl looked at Kendall with wide and eyes and shook her head. "No! Oh my gosh I'm so sorry! I had no idea!"

"I'm so confused right now," Jordan commented. Kendall frowns at him but ignores what he said.

"You... You didn't know that Jacob was dating me?" I ask her. I stopped myself from crying and was still wiping my face. "I thought you knew..."

"I swear I didn't!" She says. "If I knew, I would've beat his ass for you."

Kendall smiles at the girl. "Hey, what's your name? Because if you're gonna beat Jacob's ass, then I'd like to join you."

"I'm Tana." Tana reaches for my arm, and I let her this time. "I didn't know that I caused a relationship to split. Is there anything I can do for you?"

"Um, no," I tell her. My voice shook a little, but I ignored it. "I'm Maya."

"I'm terribly sorry, Maya." Tana pulls me in for a hug, and I hugged her back. "Here, you can have my number." She pulls out her phone and opens her contact list to show me her number. I got my phone and typed down her number. "Just call me whenever you need to. I had no idea this was going on."

***

In the car, I sat quietly next to Jordan, who was the one driving the car. Before I left the mall, I sad bye to Tana and I said bye to Kendall when she drove away in her own car. Now, I'm all alone in the car with Jordan. I had already stopped crying and I was able to stop my breath from shaking.

"Well that was... strange. I didn't know you had a little boyfriend," Jordan speaks. He breaks the silence. I look out the window, trying my best to ignore him. "Are you ignoring me again?" I still didn't talk. He sighs. "Boy drama. So tragic."

This time, I decided to talk. While I was still looking out the window, I say, "It's more than just boy drama. I loved him. I thought he was different from my father." I spoke in a hushed voice.

"And what do you mean by that?"

I didn't answer him.

***

Jordan and I walked through the front door of the house. I take my shoes off and I was about to walk up the stairs and go to my bedroom without saying a single word, until I remembered what Kendall had said to me earlier today. He's your brother and you don't have his number?

"Jordan?"

Jordan looks up at me. He just got done taking off his shoes and was just about to get back up again. "What?"

"Can I have your phone number?"

Jordan smirks at me. "Why?"

I hit his arm lightly. "You know I didn't mean it that way." I roll my eyes. "Just in case I need to call you or if I need to know where you are when you leave the house. I didn't know where you were earlier and I couldn't call or text you to ask where you were."