Dread For Whats To Come

Kira's words stabbed inside of Stiles brain. He couldn't stop thinking about them. What she had seen, could it be possible? Could the Nogitsune still be inside him somehow? The thought sent threads of terror spinning through his body, like a spider spinning a web that slowly infected every part of him.

But despite how most of him was freaking out he had to focus on the bigger problem.

They were gathered around Deatons table, trying to figure out a plan on how to rescue Scott.

Come on Stiles, don't be selfish! Scott needs you!

He focused on the conversation, slowly tuning in.

"I don't see why we can't just charge in. They're outnumbered" Malia said.

Like usual the brute force always works method was on her mind.

"Were you not there? They took us down so easily" Lydia said, rolling her eyes at Malia's suggestion.

Malia glared at her but after glancing at Stiles, then back at Lydia she asked tightly "Well, what do you suggest we do then?" A slight sarcasm in her voice.

It's progress Stiles reminded himself, knowing a couple of months ago Malia would have bitten Lydia's head off instad of ask her.

Even Lydia looked surprised.

Everyone looked at Lydia expectantly, she glanced at Stiles for help but he gave an unhelpful shrug.

"I'm...not sure but-but we can't just go charging in! That would get us all killed! Then Scott's sacrifice would have been for nothing"

Stiles nodded, agreeing with Lydia.

Her explanation settled everyone down, they knew she was right.

"Though I think first it's always better if we understand their motives, like why do they want Scott so much? I know his a true alpha but they mentioned something about a corrupted alpha bite?" Stiles said, confused.

Suddenly a crash was heard from behind them. Deaton who had been stocking shelves with more medicine for animals had suddenly dropped everything, twisting around sharply to face them. His tray forgotten.

"Corrupted Alpha bite?! Is that what you said?" He demanded.

"Yes..." Stiles said slowly. A little creeped out by the vet but then again when were people not creeped out by him?

"Has Scott been behaving oddly in the past couple of months? Just answer the question!"

When everyone hesitated.

What meds is he on?

"I don't think-" Kira started to say but Derek cut in "Yeah, he was behaving oddly on the last full moon"

Stiles shot Derek a look, how did he know about Scott's freak out? He's thought Scott had gone home.

There was this look on Derek's face that  told Stiles he might know more than he let on, had something happened between them that he didn't know about?

Deaton's face turned ashen "Then you need to find him, quickly! I don't care how you do it, make a start on it now!"

Lydia said "But-"

"There's no time!" Deaton snapped, basically shoving the pack out side.

"Run! And I hope for all our sakes you get there in time"

"I guess we are charging in then" Stiles muttered. 

Malia grinned eagerly. 

They all hurriedly started to run in the cells direction but Deaton suddenly caught Derek's wrist before he could go.

"I sensed you know a little more than you are telling the others so I want to tell you this. A darkness could be infecting Scott as we speak be wary"

"What are you-" Derek tried to say but Deaton interrupted him warily "And if it does it will not just be Scott you have to watch out for... look out for Stiles will you?"

Derek ripped his wrist away and ran after the pack but Deatons words were shoved into the back of his mind, slowly engulfing him.

It's nothing...

Deaton is just...being Deaton.

Yeah, that's it.

But he couldn't shake of the dread slowly forming in his gut.