Singing

"Stupid Arthur. Stupid chores," Merlin grumbled to himself as he lugged a basket full of armor down the hallway. 

As he passed by the knights' chambers, he heard someone singing. 

"You'll never know dear, how much I love you."

Curious, Merlin pressed his ear to the door to find out who was singing.

"Please don't take my sunshine away."

Merlin smiled to himself as he knew who was singing. Gwaine. Merlin chuckled to himself and began to move away, but then Gwaine began to sing again, his voice flowing gently through the air. 

"I remember tears streaming down your face when I said I'll never let you go. When all those shadows almost killed your light. I remember you said don't leave me here alone. But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight. Just close your eyes, the sun is going down. You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now. Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound."

Another voice soon answered Gwaine's singing. Percival.

"Don't you dare look out your window, darling everything's on fire. The war outside our door keeps raging on. Hold onto this lullaby even when the musics gone, gone. Just close your eyes, the sun is going down. You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now. Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound."

Gwaine and Percival began to sing together, their voices mixing together into a beautiful melody that flowed through the hallway Merlin was standing in.

"Just close your eyes, you'll be alright.
Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound."

Their voices faded into deafening silence. Merlin didn't realize he was crying until he saw to small dots on the ground next to him. He raised his hand to wipe his tears away, forgetting that he was still holding the armor. He silently cursed to himself as the armor fell to the ground, sending a clanging sound throughout the silent hallway. He quickly bent down and hastily began to gather up the fallen armor. Two pairs of boots suddenly appeared in front if him, and he knew exactly who those boots belonged to. 

"Merlin?"

Merlin looked up to see Gwaine and Percival standing over him. Gwaine's head was tilted, while Percival was looking at Merlin with worry in his eyes.

"Were you crying?" Percival asked.

Merlin nodded, finally wiping away his tears. Gwaine kneeled down next to him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"What's wrong?" Gwaine asked.

"Nothing's wrong," Merlin replied, smiling at his friend. "It just happens when I hear an emotional song."

Percival bit his lip and Gwaine looked away in embarrassment. Merlin just laughed in amusement and finished packing the armor back into his basket. He stood up with a small huff, and nodded to the two knights. 

"Nice singing, by the way," Merlin said, wearing a goofy grin.

Merlin began to lug the armor to the armory, leaving the two embarrassed knights behind him.  

*I know that this one was short, but it was my first one. I'll gladly take any requests of ideas for more one shots!*