Counter

Hi, everyone!  So this is my first fanfiction that is not a crossover.  I hope you like it.  It's basically Fate Apocrypha with a third faction.  I'm also going to put in Servants that Apocrypha had scrapped.  This is mainly because I'm love the new anime, Fate/Apocrypha.

Alaya was not happy.  Humanity was in great danger.  A new Holy Grail War had begun and this one was more dangerous than any before.  It had fourteen official Servants and 2 non-official Servants, a Ruler class Servant and a reincarnated Servant.  Not to mention that one of the Servants has an Anti-World Noble Phantasm.  This will not stand.

Unfortunately, when the Holy Grail is involved, it is difficult for both Alaya and Gaia to intervene.  The grail can interfere with both of them, weakening their manipulations.  Alaya can't even use its ultimate weapons, the Counter Guardians, because of two reasons.  One, the grail weaken's Alaya so it can't summon an infinite amount of Counter Guardians, and two, a Servant might be able to match the Guardian.  Sure Alaya could manipulate the Grail to summon a Counter Guardian for her, but it did not 

Alaya looked into the throne of heroes, where her most loyal Counter Guardian.  He was an extremely powerful hero, though he was young compared to other heroic spirits.  He also was a useful Servant with many Noble Phantasms.

Noticing Alaya, Shirou awoke.  He stood in his Reality Marble, Unlimited Blade Works.  It was a barren wasteland where an infinite amount of swords are protruding from the ground.  In the sky, enormous gears floated in the sky.

"What do you want, Alaya?" Shirou said.

Alaya appeared in front of him, taking on the appearance of the Saber Servant, Arturia Pendragon.

"A threat has appeared.  You are needed to stop it."

Shirou scoffed.  "I don't have a choice do I?"

Alaya appeared behind him in the form of Rin Tohsaka.  She put her arms around Shirou and hugged him.

"No," she whispered, "and you won't be able to kill yourself this time."

Shirou blinked.  "What?"

This time, Sakura Matou appeared, smiling at Shirou.  "Sempai, there isn't a Shirou Emiya in this world.  It's in a parallel universe."

Shirou narrowed his eyes.  "Wouldn't you need the Kaleidoscope to do something like that?"

Alaya appeared as Illyasviel von Einzbern, who sat on a larger sword.  "Stupid Oni-chan!  Only humans would need the Kaleidoscope.  I don't have such weakness."

Shirou sighed.  "Is it necessary to take on those appearances."

Alaya, as the Rider Medusa appeared, relaxing in the shadow of an extremely large sword.  "Of course.  I have no true form so its necessary.  Anyways, I need to inform you of something extremely important.  I will provide you the power to summon Servants."

Shirou stared at Alaya.  "You want me to summon Servants?  Why?  Couldn't you just summon more Counter Guardians?"

Bazett Fraga McRemitz appeared beside him.  "The threat is extreme.  There are sixteen Servants involved, one with an EX Anti-World Noble Phantasm."

Shirou shuddered.  He remembered the EX Anti-World Noble Phantasm, Ea.  That was a terrifying sword.  If another Noble Phantasm like that existed, that terrified him.

"Fine," Shirou said.  "I'll do my best."

This time, Caren Hortensia appeared in front of him, wearing a terrifying, teasing smirk.  "Good.  Good luck."

So there's the first chapter.  For Servants, I've got the Archer, Lancer, Rider, and Berserker chosen.  They're the four Servants who were cut from the original Fate Apocrypha: David, St. George, Benkei, and Sakata Kintoki.  The others I'm deciding, but I've decided that they have to have two qualifications.  One, that they have to appear in Fate Grand Order and two, they have to appear in some other work.  For the Caster, I might put in one with low Item Construction but high Territory Creation.