Entry 6)Wrath of a Monster

"Everybody Wants to Rule the World" by Lorde
***

"Rachel, what's wrong?" said Tiffany softly. Erica crawled on her knees to reach her friend before gently tapping her shoulder. Rachel did not move or speak as she stared into open space where Adam's body had previously been. My eyes locked on the Pentagram that still held the large puddle where a grand majority of Adam's blood was. No one could be walking around alive after losing all that blood. It was impossible. Adam's body was gone, but there was something strange regarding how it was gone...

There were no drag marks on the floor indicating someone pulled or pushed the body in the blood. Further inspection proved what I already felt to be true; Adam helped himself up off the floor to walk away. My breath lodged in my throat as I began to break out in a cold sweat.

"WHO moved the body?" Jake complained loudly as everyone started to notice at once that Adam was gone. Tiffany yelped out of fear and someone else sounded fearful, but I was using the candle to analyze the large pool of blood on the ground where the body used to be. Considering my father was a doctor, I knew from previous lessons -and Evelyn's nerdish tendencies to always tell me fun facts- that the human body has four to five liters of blood inside of it. I was no stellar student, but it was plenty obvious to me at least three liters of Adam's blood was currently splashed out on the floor after his throat was slit. The reality was simple; Adam was either brought back to life, or, he was never actually dead.

"I can't believe I bought into this!" I laughed openly, shaking my head at my own stupidity. Here I had believed they had all murdered our classmate for a 'ritual'.

Again, it wouldn't be until years later that I regretted not running from the basement as fast as I could and not looking back. "Ha ha, you guys really had me going!" I snickered. "Fuck, I thought you guys actually murdered the guy. Well played!"

"Oliver, shut up," Jake suddenly whispered, his brown eyes wide and frightful. A low whimper was sounding from Rachel under the table. Erica encouragingly patted her back, trying to soothe her.

"Shh, it's okay Rachel, it's okay..."

Rachel shook her head adamantly, tears and snot running down her face as she continued staring at the Pentagram.

"What's wrong...?" I asked, suddenly feeling my stomach drop once more. My fear that had taken residence in my gut since finding out what these guys were doing returned. Rachel said nothing, not to me or anyone. She seemed a shell of her sexy and confident self. All the girl could do was gape wildly into space, unblinking and not moving.

As people started to reassure her and coo approval or kindness, I heard it. A weird, suctioning sound and a gargled slurping noise. I slowly moved my flashlight around, ignoring my classmates as they started to surround Rachel trying to see what was wrong. No one paid attention to the noise as they spoke encouraging words to her. I saw Sally, Tyson, John, Tiffany, Storm, and Rachel. Jake stood beside me, but I suddenly remembered this wasn't everyone.

There was one quieter girl attached to this group: Alyssa Thomkins.

I suspected I hadn't heard her speak tonight because she seemed the most fearful of everyone. She had been the only one trembling and hesitant to do anything. I ignored Jake asking me what was wrong as I clicked the flashlight on and directed it towards the dark corner that candlelight did not reach.

That was where I found her. Alyssa's pale face stared back at me, but it didn't seem she was inside her own body any longer. Her bright eyes were dim, dead looking. They saw without seeing. Her body was lifeless on its own. It gave involuntary shudders as I spotted what was right beside her. A head of jet-black was right beside Alyssa's neck, doing a combination of sucking the blood and eating the flesh from it.