Chapter Twenty One

....A Year Later....

An entire year had passed by since the Esme and Carlisle had fostered the broken teenager girl. The 'kids' had continued attending school and eventually, it was finally the day for Maddie Hunter to graduate....a year early!! "How the hell are you so smart?!" Emmitt asked in amazement after Maddie had read out her end of year exam results - three A's, two B's and two C's!! The family were all thrilled for the now sixteen-year-old, especially her extremely supportive girlfriend - Selena had stayed with the family, sharing a room with her girlfriend, even though she couldn't sleep. The couple had arranged and attended many more dates and were always together; the vampire even came to spend her lunch with her girlfriend, as well as the Cullen and Hale 'kids' when they were in school. Now that it was time for the graduation, all the students and their families were seated within the football field that had been decorated - a stage had been built for the special occasion. It was an exceptionally large event that people had been counting the days down to. Now it was time!! The graduates walked onto the stage to receive their certificates and shake hands with the higher ups of the teaches had given a motivational speech. It was a lengthy process but as soon as it was over, Maddie raced through the crowd after taking some photos with her other school friends and embraced each member of her family. "Congrats love" Selena, so proud of her girlfriend, smiled as they hugged and kissed one another. Of course, there was the graduation party taking place within the school hall; all the family other than Renesmee, Bella, Edward, Carlisle, Esme, Rosalie, and Emmitt stayed to enjoy the party - they had things to do back at home. The music blurred out, easing every now and then as people were given the chance to slow dance with their partners; the two couples took that opportunity happily of course. A multiple of awards were given that all the graduating students had voted on; some of those awards were: the funniest joker, the biggest beauty-queen, the biggest drama queen, the most buffed student, the student with biggest balls and the cutest couple.

Of course, many laughs were earned as Maddie received the award for having the biggest balls due to managing the school bullies all that time ago - Selena knew she would be asking about that later. Though the laughs were soon awes as it was announced that she and the vampire would also be winning the cutest couple award; both girls bushed as they were partly forced to slow dance together in front of the entire room full of teenagers and teachers. "Well" Selena mumbled as they danced together "this is nice but embarrassing" she smiled, trying her best to ignore all of the eyes and phones that were staring at them; Maddie agreed "but at least we get to dance together some more" she reasoned, earning an agreeing kiss as they managed to forget that they were being filmed. After the slightly embarrassing slow dance, a couple more hours passed before the family decided it was time to leave; Maddie said her goodbyes to her friends before they left. Maddie, with Selena on the back holding onto her waist, drove the motorbike that Jacob and Seth had given her for her birthday four months before; the others took the Jeep and soon enough, they were parking up outside their home. Only there was something different - there were hanging fairy lights leading up the stairs to the front door. "What the?" Maddie wondered with a raised brow; she turned to the others, only to see that they were all smirking - Selena took her girlfriend's hand and led her through the house and into the living room. The human was startled by the bangs of ribbon poppers, activated by the rest of the family why had yelled out the word "surprise!!". Laughing, Maddie allowed her heart rate to return to normal as she thanked them "this is amazing!!" she exclaimed; the entire room was decorated with more fairy lights and candles. They played on the play station, the Will and watched a movie, as well as ate some junk food before Rosalie's phones began to blow up with their notification tone. "Oh my god!!" she exclaimed after looking at her phone "Maddie!! Selena!!" this caught the couples confused attention; Renesmee glanced towards her aunt's phone, only for her eyes to widen "you two have officially gone viral!!" she stated.