𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔣𝔦𝔳𝔢 // 𝔪𝔬𝔯𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔫 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔨𝔫𝔬𝔴

"renee, it's time for you to go." wilson came to their table.

tamara was put back into handcuffs and led out. renee sighed and got up, ready to leave. nicole was waiting on the other side of the door. renee started to head out then cheryl grabbed her arm.

"got time for one more?" cheryl asked.

renee looked behind her and saw jahseh in handcuffs with a guard holding his arm. renee nodded and sat down with him.

"hey." she smiled.

"hey, how have you been?" he asked.

"i've been okay." she answered, "and yourself?"

"still alive." he replied.

she nodded, "know anything about when you'll be out?"

"nah, i haven't got my court date yet." he spoke.

nicole knocked on the window, "i'll be in the car with ski."

"ski?" jahseh questioned.

"um... i don't know..." renee responded and held his hand, "i have to go. i promise, i'll be back for you."

renee got up from the table and rushed outside to the car. she got in and saw a guy in the backseat.

"ski mask? why? how?" renee wondered.

"renee, this is ski. ski, this is renee, my little cousin." nicole introduced them.

"hi." he shook renee's hand.

"he's been on bail for three months and i finally got him out. we've been dating for four months. oh, he's also friend's with your friend." nicole continued.

"i know..." renee said under her breath.

"i've heard a lot about you." he spoke.

renee looked at him from the mirror and back to the road before starting the car.

He cleared his throat, "um, jahseh told me about you. he said you're very beautiful and kind. i can't disagree with him."

"that's nice." renee giggled, "so who wants mcdonald's?"

"oh, i do!" stokeley smiled.

. . .

"yo man!" a inmate shouted to jahseh, "who's that bitch you were talking to? she's fine."

"don't talk about her like that." he spoke calmly.

"why not?" the inmate's friend spoke.

"she's just a bitch. i'll fuck her right when i get out." the inmate chuckled, "she got a back page or sum?"

"she's not a bitch!" jahseh snapped.

he grits his teeth and tackles the inmate. he grips the inmate's throat and squeezes it. he then headbutts the inmate and the inmate punches him in the chest. then jahseh continues to swing at the inmate's head, leaving blood everywhere.

"jahseh, that's enough!" cheryl shouted.

wilson grabbed jahseh from behind and restrains him, "relax, son."

"he's still breathing. we'll get him to medical." cheryl replied.

. . .

jahseh got back in his cell and lifted the pillow to grab the envelopes. "open this when... you get into a fight"

"i'm not sure what to say besides you're stronger than what's going on right now.

take a deep breath and relax.

don't let little things get to you because we don't need you being there longer than you need to be, right?

forgive and forget. if you think you're a bad person for fighting, you're not and if you need forgiveness, i'll definitely give that to you.

you're forgiven.

take care.

-renee"

"jahseh." cheryl came to the cell.

jahseh shoved the paper back in the envelope and stuffed it back under the pillow. he sniffled and wiped his eyes with his arm.

"are you crying?" she asked.

"no," he scoffed, "i just yawned.

"alright well your court date has been set. march 27th." she replied.

"that's in four months." he responded, "that's in a long time."

"if that's a long time, imagine waiting twenty-five years." cheryl walked off.

. . .

renee, stokeley and nicole all laid in the living room, watching tv. nicole was fast asleep by stokeley's side.

"hey, i have a question." renee spoke.

"what is it?" ski asked.

"why did that girl want to lie and have jahseh in jail?" she asked.

"well, she didn't want him to leave her after he found out she cheated. so she lied and said he had beaten her up while she's pregnant." he explained, "but she's not pregnant and she got jumped by a group of people. plus she knew that he could get locked up for life because of past charges."

"what did he do before?" she asked.

stokeley chuckled.

"what?" she questioned.

"i'm just surprised you want to know. most girls hear that and don't want anything to do with him." he answered.

"well, now i'm intrigued." she giggled.

"well x has a bad temper and he loses control quickly. so he has quite a few assault charges. also he decided to break into someone's home and rob them." he continued.

renee snickered, "reminds me of my friend, tamara."

"nah, tamara is worst." nicole had woken up, "since her freshman year of high school, she's gotten into so many fights with the teachers. she even knocked out her principle when he tried to expel her-"

"okay but that's because he wanted to expel her for making a phone call in class." renee interrupted.

"yeah that's because she's caused the school to go on lock down before and remember all the times you guys pulled the fire alarm?" nicole replied.

stokeley broke out into laughter, "man, you two were wildin'!"

"listen, i didn't pull the fire alarm. she did. i was just there, blocking the security camera." renee defended herself.

"that doesn't help you at all." stokeley chuckled.

renee giggled along, "hey, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do."

"renee, shut up!" nicole snickered.

"can you all shut up?" emily snarled from the top of the stairs.

"up yours!" renee scoffed.

stokeley and nicole laughed at them as they continued to bicker at each other.

---

it's been a bit since i updated. sorry about that. but I hope to update at least once or twice more before i start school in September. so thank you all for being patient with me.

goal: 12 votes; 10 comments