The Lost Boys (Bring Em Back Alive)

This was it. His gang was assembled. Everything was nearing completion. David smiled as he rode down the dirt path at full tilt, the other three boys following behind on their own modified bikes. Nothing could stop them now!

I was on my way to the center of the sun

When I lost my wings and I fell into a crowd

"Just up here!" he called over the roar of the souped-up engines. The other boys nodded and came to a stop just behind David's bike.

Where no one could see
And no one would be around

David rubbed his gloved palms together, grinning. The others really didn't know why he'd brought them here yet; it was too exciting to just blurt it out back at the cave. He had to make it perfect, memorable. Marko nervously glanced at Paul, who looked towards Dwayne. Dwayne didn't notice; he was too busy trying to figure out where the music was coming from.

"Okay, boys," David smiled, motioning them in a huddle. "This is the moment you've been waiting for, working for, dreaming of."

"We're going to get laid?" Paul grinned, getting chuckles from everyone but David. Paul noticed the leader wasn't laughing. He shut up quick.

"Just over that hill is a summer camp group. They're camping out for the night." David smoothed his beloved coat and flicked away invisible dirt.

"So?" Dwayne cocked a brow, unimpressed.

"They are the last step in your initiation, boys."

Marko frowned. "What do they have to do..."

"Oh, I get it." Paul grinned. David nodded, his grin a reflection of the blond's. Dwayne's eyes sparkled with recognition. Lastly, Marko caught on and that child-like grin spread across his features.

"Finish them and then you'll be just like me." David smiled, eyes glowing and fangs showing.

I am a virus, I live in silence

The summer campers never knew what hit their camp. It had been peaceful, cheery, and lighthearted. Then, in a heartbeat, a wash of gore and bloodshed; thoughtless, wanton slaughter.

Marko grinned, finishing off a camp counselor who had been his first meal. She was as sweet as the wine his parents had let him have at his birthday when he was fourteen. He licked his fingers, savoring the drops.

Paul howled happily as he cracked the heads of the two pre-teen boys together, immensely enjoying the smacking sound of their skulls. It warmed him through to bone and marrow, as the rich blood poured down his throat.

Dwayne roared, tackling the lone elder male counselor. He went down with a thud, like a sack of meat. Another roar pierced the darkened sky as Dwayne found his jugular and drowned himself in the life fluid.

Where no one survives
And no one can hear the cries

David watched over like a parent witnessing their child take their first steps. The boys, now his brothers, were his equals. Finally! He had got them this far; he would get them through decades of un-life. As each of the boys dropped the last of the emptied bodies to the ground, he clapped loudly, the sound echoing off the surrounding trees. "Bravo, boys, bravo!"

And just like the heathens thinking
On our feet we believe in God
And with one step, two steps
Three steps towards the graveyard