Getting Ready

Arabella opened her eyes the room was filled with a warm light, the sun peaking through the curtains and lighting up Eli's beautiful wooden crib.

"Eli? Where is she?"

Arabella's heart began to race she looked at the time, 9 o'clock! She was late getting Eli ready! And where did Eli even go? This morining seemed to already turn out to be a disaster! 

Arabella felt movement near her legs.  She looked quickly over holding her breath and remembering the events of the previous day.  She sighed and hoped over Alex and went to the living room.  Her heart was beating so loud she could hear it.  Everything seemed to slow down, she tried to run but her feet would only move slowly.  Her mind was the only thing that seemed to be in motion, buzzing, swirling, moving so quickly it made her dizzy.  But everything stopped, it all just stopped when she entered the Living room.

"Good morning, honey" a warm smile and a soothing voice greeted her.

"Mom? What are you doing here? You should be working!" Arabella was so overwhelmed that she started crying.

"Come here," her mom said motioning toward her,"I know how much pressure that has been on you lately and now even more.  So I decided that if the company really needs me they would let me have some days off and work at home for a little while, until we get situated,".

"Mom, you know?"

"Yes, I saw the letter when I came home last night,".

She realized her mom must have been crying because her face was so red and blotchy.  Tears starting forming in her eyes but she wiped them away. 

"I have an idea, why don't we go shopping just you and me.  Leo can watch the kids and we can find you and outfit for Tomorrow.  You have to be ready by 9:30 tomorrow because a policeman will come and escort you to the court house where you will meet your husband," now her mom really did cry. "I'm sorry.  I just can't help myself, my daughter is going to be getting married to a stranger that we don't even know and you won't be mine anymore you'll be his," she was sobbing hugging Arabella tightly.

They sat like that for a while until they both stoped crying.

"Where is Eli?" 

"Oh I feed Eli so I put her in her chair in my room to sleep, she seemed very tired,".

"Oh okay, thanks Mom,".

"I'm going to go start on breakfast. How does cinnamon rolls sound?".

"Mom, just because you are home doesn't mean you have to make breakfast!".

"I know but I want to,".

"Okay,".

Arabella sat on the couch and watched tv until breakfast was ready.  Then she woke up Alex and Leo so they could all eat together.

"Smells really good Mom!" Leo said with a big yawn.

They all sat down and at the steaming hot cinnamon rolls.  The dough was so good flaky, cinnamony, and so gooey and delicious.  Especially with the glaze on top.

Once they were finished their mom explained the plan to the boys.  Arabella went to go get dressed and then she and her mom headed out the door.

"Where are we going to look for dresses Mom?"

"Well I thought we could look at Hot Topic but if you don't want to then we don't have to," her mom said with a grin on her face.

She knew that Arabella's favorite store was Hot Topic.  She loves everything inside the clothes, accessories, bags, anything.  If you went in there and named something, she would love it. 

"Sounds great!".

They headed to the mall in which Hot Topic was in.  As soon as they walked into the store Arabella's eye was drawn toward this beautiful music note, halter top dress.  It had a black top with white music notes cascading down and a white bottom with black music notes cascading getting more and more intense, with a black thick strip on the bottom where black and white music notes crashed together.  It was amazing.  She ran to it and her mother followed.

"That's gorgeous! Do you want to try it on?".

"Yes definitely!"

She took it to the dressing room and put it on.  It was perfect. The top fit perfectly and the bottom was soft and flowing and showed her curves.  The dress was stunning on her and she loved it! Arabella opened the door to show her mom.

"Wow! You are glowing in that dress!".

"I think this is the one!".

"I agree!".

She shut the door and pulled her own clothes on and took the dress to the cashier.  They bought it and headed out the door.

"Why don't we eat lunch in the food court before we go home?"

"Sounds fine to me!".

So hand in hand with the most perfect dress they headed toward the food court to eat lunch and everything seemed almost normally but really everything was about to change.