Meeting, Eating, and Cheesy Pick Up Lines

Nothing did really go black but it seemed like it did, Arabella forced her self to enter the room.  She shut the door behind her very quietly. The boy sitting in the chair did not yet look up, he was reading what looked like a document probably the rules for this marriage. 

He was about Arabella's height a little shorter, he had blonde hair styled and gelled to his usual hairdo which Arabella knew quite well since she was in his class last year.  He had piercing blue eyes and a light skin color. 

"Oh good you are here!" A lady in a black pants suit that was sitting at the desk in a swivel chair.

The boy's eyes flew from the paper, up, and onto Arabella.

"Jordan," Arabella said a bit surprised.

"Arabella," Jordan said not with a smile but nor a frown.

He stood up and stuck his hand out for her to shake but then he put it down and went in for and awkward hug.  They both sat down in the two chairs that were in front of the desk.

"Now, I presume you two know each other."

The lady in the suit looked at both of us with her glasses at the top of her nose.

"Yes we do, very well.".

"Now my name is Linda and I will be here to explain to you how this will work,".

Both Jordan and Arabella nodded their heads.

"Okay so first put these on,".

She handed Arabella and Jordan each a metal bracelet with their names on it.

"These will not come off until we say so, if you try to take them off they will give you and electric shock that will make you pass out and the government assistants will come and collect you.  These bracelets are used as trackers, you must be together on a date once a week for an hour at least.  After a period of time that you get to know each other we will plan the day of the wedding and we will play for most of the expenses.  You will not need to have children until you have finished with high school and then we will decide is the bracelets come off or not.  You may not divorce and killing yourselves will not get your partner out of this law.  Your partner will be forced to marry someone else and your family will be punished with a fine if ten thousand dollars. Now you must sign these papers here and you are free to go.  There is a black car waiting to take you on your first date, you will decide where to go and the same cab will take you back, all you have to do is press this button on your bracelets an the car will come to pick you up.  You may use this cab for your dates until one of you learn to drive. Is this all clear?".

"Yes Linda," Jordan and Arabella replied at the same exact time.

They looked at each other and smiled.

"If you please sign these papers, here, here, and initial here".

Once that was finished Arabella and Jordan left the room walking down the hall the opposite way Arabella came in and took a right turn following the signs.  They arrived at and elevator and Arabella pushed the button.  Jordan let her go in first and pushed the first floor button.  The doors closed and the awkward elevator music started.

"Can't they get some better music in here!" Jordan was smiling.

Arabella knew he was trying to lighten the mood.

"I know right!  I think they should serve food in here too since we have to wait so long in here to arrive at our floor!" Arabella said laughing.

The doors opened and reveled the intimating high ceiling room, the entrance way.

"It feels a little intimidating doesn't it," Jordan said looking up at the ceilings.