↳ THREE

THE BOILER ROOM and the night she had spent there were impossible to push out of Jenna's thoughts — she wasn't sure why, but the memory of last night kept replaying in her mind, no matter how hard she tried to focus on studying and being...

          THE BOILER ROOM and the night she had spent there were impossible to push out of Jenna's thoughts — she wasn't sure why, but the memory of last night kept replaying in her mind, no matter how hard she tried to focus on studying and being productive. Falling asleep had been nearly impossible and required too much effort from the girl, who had merely stared at the ceiling and hid under the warm covers whilst smiling to herself. Fitz's accent was vivid in her mind as she recalled their moment just outside her room before she had sneaked in and placed her hand on her twitching lips. He had some kind of a positive effect on her, and maybe that was why Jenna stayed up until the first rays of sunshine were already peeking through the poorly shut blinds on her window.

          Still, she had gotten all her homework done in time, and when the first lesson of the next day had a pop quiz, Jenna easily got full points. Sure, she was this shy, awkward girl whose heart was suddenly yearning for Fitz, but she was in the academy for a reason. She was a smart girl with ambitions, and she wasn't going to let any boy come in the way of that.

          But she had to admit, she wasn't really disappointed when she was sitting in computer glass, in the backrow where her short, bare nails were clicking quickly against the keyboard. They had been given a list of tasks to complete over the 75 minutes of their lesson, and with a half an hour still left on the clock, Jenna was proudly finishing the last one — which was good, because her rapid typing was suddenly interrupted by an incoming email. The notification popped up on the screen of her laptop, causing Jenna to stop and look up at the unfamiliar email address before her eyes, but it was easy for her to pick up a name from it.

          Leo Fitz.

          Breaking into a wide grin, Jenna quickly glanced around the classroom to make sure no one would catch her taking a break — not that it was so strictly forbidden, but personally, she hated procrastinating and breaking the rules — and once she came to the conclusion no one paid attention, and the teacher was sitting by his own computer, the blonde clicked on the email and opened it.

          "Hi, Jenna. I know, somewhat creepy for me to know what class you are in, but I kind of checked your schedule. How's computer class? - Fitz", was what it read, and in an instant, Jenna's day felt somewhat better. No one had ever bothered to do something like this, put an effort into being friends with her, been interested enough to send messages to her in the middle of a lesson. It warmed her heart, and before she even realized it, she found herself responding to the email with one of her own.

          "Hey there, Fitz. Not creepy at all, trust me, this kind of made my day. Computer class is fine, I'm almost done with all the tasks so your timing is impeccable. What class are you in right now?", Jenna replied, too enthusiastic to even reread the message in case she had misspelled some words — she simply sent it, and then proceeded to nervously tick her nail against the table whilst waiting in a state of utter impatience.