↳ THREE

"YOU'RE DOING WHAT?"

Needless to say, Evan Rivers was not happy in the slightest when her sister called him, insisting that she was in a dire need of his help. Well, perhaps, that wasn't so bad yet — he was always happy to help others, especially his family, but when he actually showed up to the mysterious house she had called from, he became... less enthusiastic. Mostly because she told him she was going undercover at HYDRA. Definitely because she told him she was going undercover at HYDRA. But also because...

"You're coming with me! I'm gonna need you to play my personal security guard. And kick ass, if necessary", Jenna flashed an innocent smile at Evan, who ended up actually laughing out loud. Shaking his head in disbelief, he just laughed and laughed, frustrating his sister to no end.

"Oh, hell no. You're out of your mind. Look, I don't know what revenge plan—", Evan began, but didn't get to finish when Jenna had interjected.

"It's not a revenge plan! This has nothing to do with— ugh, this isn't about dad, okay? This is... something bigger. A lot bigger. Like, the whole world. It's too complicated to explain, but come on, Evan. You know HYDRA sucks, and you know you want to do this. You know this is right", the woman fought back, "I mean, it's not like you'll let your little sister to do this alone."

Sighing, and offering yet another shake of his head, Evan lifted a finger and sternly pointed it at Jenna. "Watch me", he spat, and with that, he turned and started to walk away. But, words like genius, intelligent, or brilliant, weren't used for nothing when it came to Jenna — she was described like that for a very good reason, and that was why she simply cracked her knuckles, before trying her best at persuading Evan into coming along.

And well, it was obvious she succeeded. Or else, the two wouldn't be walking into the Triskelion right now, eyes wide at the large building that they entered with Daisy in the lead. Sadly, their plan crashed and burned quite quickly, as Daisy was let in due to her actually having the title agent, but the two behind her were just strangers entering HYDRA headquarters without permission. That was why two guards stepped out quickly, their hands stopping Jenna and Evan from moving further.

"Uh, they're with me", Daisy attempted to save her new allies from the tight situation, but finding her words merely irrelevant, the guards eyed the two siblings warily.

"My name is Jenna Rivers. I'm a genius scientist and philanthropist, which you may know if you've ever, you know, turned on the news. And this is my bodyguard, Evan", she lied smoothly — well, it wasn't all lies, but nevertheless, her relaxed state earned surprised looks from both Daisy, and especially Evan. He had never known his sister to be the calm, socializing type, but as she stood there with a confident smile on her lips, it was almost impossible to recognize her as the awkward bookworm she had always been. "I'm here to meet up with Dr. Fitz", Jenna cleared her throat, a sense of weakness making her heart race as she fought back a smile.