Chapter Six: Life starting to flip upside down...even though that was already starting to happen!

Chapter Six: Life starting to flip upside down....even though that was already starting to happen!

"What do you mean she's not your friend anymore?" Cynthia hissed at me, I had finally told her about that night at the club a week ago, and she gave a reaction I wasn't really prepared for. She took Casey's side.

"She was cruel, and heartless, only using me to get the stupid tickets for the concert." I growled, biting back that animal inside me that had increasingly shown its self. I was shaking with pure and raw fury, something I had never felt before. My anger issues were becoming harder and harder to contain since that night. The senses and feelings that I needed to slaughter Cynthia and George were growing at a rate I couldn't track.

"I should have fired her much earlier...." George muttered on the sidelines, and I swiftly turned on him.

"You mean you hired her! FOR WHAT!" my voice was reaching new octaves as my fury grew and my sharpening nails dug into my palms, drawing blood. George made a quick glance at my hands, his eyes darkening slightly. Poor little Jake was shaking in the corner, he was the only reason I wasn't giving in to these strange feelings, because I was afraid what I would do might not be the safest way around him.

George didn't answer; a low hiss escaped his lips, as he continued to eye my hands, the blood slowly trickling down the sides of my palms. My body went rigid, as if sensing danger, the feelings were spiking in leaps at this time, "Jake, get out of here now," I said in a low voice, but I was sure he would hear it.

He started scrambling up from the floor, and running towards the door. He gave one last glance at me, before leaving the house, quickly running down the cobblestone path, towards the woods. Neither Cynthia nor George even bothered to notice, their eyes gone to a new shade of black I didn't know possible, eyeing the blood as it dripped onto the floor. My hearing had intensified so much to a point where I could hear it hit the carpet, and the ragged breathing my adopted parents. Or so I had thought they were.

"Get out, Kenz; get out now and never come back. It's for your own good, take Jake and never come back." Cynthia pleaded, still staring, but I could tell she was trying her hardest to peel her eyes away.

I froze, surprised by what they had just said, but it ringed the truth, and both my mind and body told me to take the deal. Tears stung the edges of my eyes, as the fury slowly melted away, and I nodded before running up the stairs. I ran to both me and Jake's rooms, gathering whatever we would need, whatever we wouldn't be able to live without. Our iPods, our favorite clothes, Jake's two favorite stuffed animals, toothbrushes, and the locket on my dresser. It held a picture of my parents, or at least it had, the picture had been burned beyond recognition, and I really didn't remember what they looked like anymore. One of the pent up tears slipped out, and dropped on the dresser.

I stuffed all the belongings into two backpacks, and out the front door, without giving a second glance back.

I ran down the path as fast as I could, back to the wooden bench by the woods, where I knew I would find Jake. He immediately ran into my arms, and I picked him up, glad that my anger had slowly ebbed. Only to be left with shock and being scared, I ran back down another path, towards the back garage.

The door was locked, drat it! I set Jake on the ground with the packs, then took a few steps back and with a running start ran through the door, leaving a jagged, gaping hole. I can't believe I had just done that, I thought but was too focused on my task of getting us both out of there, and alive.

I dragged Jake and helped him through the door, but got confused when I remembered we had fifteen different cars in this garage. "Jake.....which car does mo.....Cynthia drive you around in?" I asked sweetly but frantically.

"The Fusion," he said perfectly, pointing to the black Ford Fusion, resting against the far side. Racing over there I checked the doors, relieved to find them unlocked and the keys on the dashboard. Popping open the trunk I through I belongings, carefully taking out Fluffy, Jake's stuffed dog ,and putting it in the backseat, then strapping Jake in the car-seat. As I got in the driver's seat, Jake grabbed the blanket that was stuffed in the back pocket of my seat and he hugged Fluffy, keeping both very close to him. I hit the garage door opener, only then realizing that I had never used this car before.

I had gotten a driver's license way before my sixteenth birthday, because I had an impeccable record in driver's ed. But I had never driven more than the green Impala that was in the front garage. I shifted the car into drive, after I turned on the engine. The engine hummed under my feet on the gas peddle, the dashboard came to life, a blaze of green technology. The rear view camera showed me the back garage wall, and I sped out of there.

I tore up the dirt road as I headed towards the main one, passing my house now for four years; I saw Cynthia and George peeking out of the closed curtains. Their eyes looked as if on fire, glowing a bright red in the sudden darkness of the house. I left them in the dust, sad that they had told me to leave, but I knew for some reason they knew they were dangerous just as my newly highly attuned instincts said, and they were just trying to protect me and Jake.

The moment we hit the pavement road, the bumpy ride turned into smooth and flawless, speeding along, as if on a highway. I didn't know where I was going, just away from here. The forests passed in a blur, a multi-color of life, it had shown me what I was, whatever that truly was, but it wasn't normal.

A sharp pain went through my chest as I realized I was leaving my mysterious hero behind also. I would never know his real name, or see him again. That also meant I wouldn't be seeing that giant wolf either, since it was plain enough that they had something to do with each other.

As if on cue, a blur jumped onto the road a good 500 feet ahead of me, stopping in the middle of the road. My foot slammed on the brake, sending both me and Jake against our seatbelts, the breath going out of our lungs. The aluminum tires screeched to a halt, screaming in protest at the sudden breakage. The forest slowed down from a blur to individual trees and plant life, as the car came to a stop.

Mystery guy stood in front of the car, just as the front bumper gently nudged his legs; he didn't look fazed at all, just determined. He walked around to the passenger's side and knocked on the window, as if I hadn't already noticed him. The window went down as I hit the button, "Are you crazy, jumping out in front of high speed cars like that?" but it was a pointless question because it only made him crack a smile.

"Yes, possible I am, now please let me in, I know where you need to go,"

I sighed, thinking about it for a moment, but my curiosity and thought of an actual destination sent the thought off balance. "Fine," I said exasperated, and unlocked the door, which he immediately opened and sat down in the seat.

He just shut the door and I started to nudge the car back into its original speed, which it quickly responded. Jake looked at me with worried eyes as they darted back and forth from me to him in the mirror. I gave him small nod to let him know it was okay, and he nodded back, relaxed and went back to looking out the window. I gave a sidelong glance at the guy in the seat next to me, before returning my gaze back towards the road, "Aren't you going to wear a seatbelt?" I asked.

"Don't need one," he said rather honestly, but I still rolled my eyes.

"Just put it on, and it would save me a lot of worry," he obediently snapped the buckle, and stayed silent in the seat. He was rigid, as if nervous, but I was too.

"So, now that I've let you in our little get-away from my psycho adopted parents, can I at least know your name?" I asked sweetly, deeply wanting to know who the heck he was.

"Crispin," the name was rugged and easy to say at the same time, it fit perfectly to my mystery guy.

"So Crispin, where are we going?" I asked giving a weary smile.