Chapter 2 starting over

Mystic and Elizabeth were finally out and about on their new adventure. It wasn’t the adventure you’d find enjoyable, because Elizabeth was still trying to get over her brother being serial killer. The subject on her brother made her get side-tracked a lot, but at least all she had was an open road ahead of her. In no time she would probably forget all about the crisis and move on with life. Though sometimes she would sigh a sigh of loneliness, because she had no one to accompany her, but her horse as black as night. Elizabeth wished she could close her eyes and go back to her life of love and entertainment all around. She day-dreamed for a moment while still riding on-ward to wherever the next destination would be.  

          Elizabeth went back to her memory of the home cooked meals that were warm and pleasant inside. Eating these gigantic meals that consisted of corn, mama’s homemade soup, Mashed potatoes, and ripe asparagus just the way she liked it. For desert she would have some chocolate cake, sweet candied potatoes, and some s’mores roasting by the fire. They would share stories of their school, and work days. She would just laugh all night with her family until they would have to go to bed. They were so lucky, because they had it better-off than most people.

         One of the school stories Elizabeth once shared was the one where this boy asked her out. She didn’t even know the kid at the time. All she knew was his name was Justin and he was pretty popular. She had shared the story on April 20, 1945. Elizabeth started out the conversation with an introduction of, “So guess what happened at school today?”                                        

         Everyone looked at her eagerly to begin and they responded, “What!”

          Elizabeth continued, “Today I rode Mystic to school with Amilio as usual. I dismounted my horse and placed it in the school stables. I strode right up to school all casual, like normal. My friend Stacey Malark walked up to me and started talking to me. She was talking about the usual stuff like boys, and who asks who out. At the time I didn’t care about any of this information, until Justin breezed on in.” Elizabeth said chuckling while entering into a brief moment of silence.

          Amilio interrupted the silence that was upon the room, “Come on Elizabeth; continue your story.” At that time he was a cute, little innocent boy. That was the good Amilio before he drastically changed.

          Elizabeth responded, “Alright Amilio, as you wish.” She quickly started up again, “As I was saying Justin breezed on in. He thought of himself as a guy who could pick up any girl. He asked Stacey if he could speak with me alone. Stacey just glanced at me and glanced back, and told him ‘alright’ as she walked away. She gave me that kind of smile like she knew what he wanted to talk to me about. I asked him, ‘what do you want?’ He just stared into my bright, blue eyes until he was ready to speak to me. He told me he had a very important question to ask me. My response to that was, ‘spill the beans Justin, and don’t leave me hanging.’ Then he answered will you go out with me. After that I froze and told him, ‘You will have to wait, the longer you wait the better the response will be.’ Then I winked at him and left to the schoolhouse.” Elizabeth paused. It was her favorite story she had ever told; she would go on and on about that day, but never got the chance to reply to Justin.