Chapter 6 That's how Fate is

“Ok I’m ready.” Elizabeth said sucking up all her fear and trying to dispose of it. This was either going to be life or death. What would even happen, something so bad it could destroy the whole world? Was her future good? She wouldn’t know, until the results happened. Elizabeth crossed her fingers that there would be a miracle, and she would have a good future. She also didn’t want Amilio coming back, trying to kill her again.

                   “Ok, let’s do this now, and may the future be in your greatest luck.” She said with a half-smile. She began shuffling the cards, which you had to do, because if she didn’t, Elizabeth might end up with the same future as the last person. See these cards held a really important power. They had the power to change people’s lives forever in either a good or bad way. Elizabeth didn’t know that, and neither did anyone else. The secret organization didn’t even know of the power held within the cards. The lady had been holding everything in and never telling her secrets. She was an information hog, because she’d go around asking about people’s secrets and getting answers. When somebody asked her a question though, she would just smile and give vivid detail.

                   This quality made people suspicious of her and never trusted. They were right though, because she did things that were very sneaky and mean. For example, she didn’t tell anyone about taking the last piece of cake at the birthday party. The birthday boy was so sad when that happened. Now that Elizabeth was with the lady, she knew, she knew her. She was familiar, but she had little detail of why she was familiar. “Why do I recognize you, I can’t put my tongue on it?” Elizabeth said looking at the old ladies eyes. It was so weird they were changing colors. “Also, why are your eyes changing color?” Elizabeth said studying the strange pupils.

                   “My child, we will talk later, but now we must focus on your fortune. The cards decide your fate Elizabeth.” She said doing her last round of shuffling. “Now my dear, put two cards up and six cards facing downward.” She said guiding Elizabeth’s hand toward the pile of cards. Elizabeth closed her eyes and picked two cards facing them upward, as the lady had told her. After that she picked up six more cards putting them in a pile facing downward. Now her fate would be discovered. The first card that was facing upward was called the world. It was an interesting card with a young woman on it. She was naked which kind of grossed Elizabeth out. Around her body was a cloth, of which birds were holding up while walking with her. The woman was holding up two candles. They were twisted candles.

                   The woman was inside this kind of plant thing. In the outside of the green plant, there were animals aligning the woman. It was an interesting card and looked peaceful. Elizabeth thought she was doing well, until the woman started explaining the card. “This card isn’t the luckiest and may relate to your problems. This card means that you will have a complete delay in your life and will be very frustrated. You will have a lack of trust and lose faith in your life. The events that have occurred will take a great time to complete and get over.

                   Elizabeth sighed, “Well that wasn’t the best card I’d hope for. So I guess my fortunes are just going to be bad luck.”

                   The lady responded, “You can always have a mix between bad luck and good luck. Shall we continue Miss. Elizabeth?”

                   “Yes, go on.” She said with a slight unsure nod. Did she want to even hear a word of what was going to happen next, who knew?

                   The lady picked up the next fortune card, “This can’t be. The card isn’t meant for someone like you. Your so, innocent and nice.” She sad in awe.

                   “Well what is this mysterious card?” Elizabeth asked impatiently.

                   “It’s the death card. You’ll have mental and physical challenges. Any change will be painful and unpleasant. You’ll have so much trouble and it will be hard to escape the darkness. I’m sorry but the other cards will be unknown to you. You can’t possibly know anything else or you’ll lose everything.”

                   “I must know everything possible though.” Elizabeth begged with tears in her eyes.

                   “You can’t my child there’s no escape.” She said. Elizabeth just stared at her, what did she mean? There’s no escape. Elizabeth wouldn’t believe this for a minute, there was always an escape. Nobody could be trapped in one place forever, the only way to get out was to try. Nothing was impossible. “You must get out of the back. You may shop until 6:00 which is closing. After today you may never come into my shop again, because you dearie, are bad luck.” She said getting Elizabeth out of her room.

                   Elizabeth stopped and said, “You never told me the things you promised to tell me.”

                   “I never promised anything, now get out unless you need to buy something.” The lady said. Elizabeth was beginning to emotionally break down inside, like the card had predicted. She stopped and told herself to stay strong.

                   She answered back to the lady, “Ok, I’ll buy that ring, and look around for more objects to buy, happy?” The woman was so surprised at her. She didn’t know how to respond to that, so she didn’t respond. Had she just been outwitted by a teenager? This was very absurd and humiliating. This was the first time she had been laughed at in the face silently.

                   “Please, make it end, please.” She begged. Elizabeth just smiled at her pitifully.